Discussion of programming on TCM.
Mr. Arkadin

Van Heflin Alert!

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Some rarely seen Van Heflin films tonight:

Count Three and Pray (1955)
Johnny Eager (1942)
Patterns (1956)

I'm anxious to see Count Three. Johnny Eager is the film that netted VH his Oscar, while Patterns is an intense drama about the business world. Nice to see TCM plugging this great underrated actor.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I don't think I've ever seen PATTERNS, but I've heard good things about it and am looking forward to seeing it (and Johnny Eager, of course :D )!
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

I've seen Patterns and it's a powerhouse of a film. Van Heflin is AMAZING in it. The only movie tonight I haven't seen (at least I don't remember seeing it if I had) is Count Three and Pray. Either way I expect to watch at least one of the movies tonight. The guy was just such an underrated actor. If he was around today he'd be loved by critics as well as regular moviegoers. I think he'd have the same kind of appeal that Don Cheadle has but more popular.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I'm looking forward to it. Great night for movies. In fact, today in general has been one of the best Saturdays for movies in a LONG time as far as I'm concerned. I'll be recording Remember the Night finally and 3 Bad Men was on Fox earlier, as was Violent Saturday, which I only got to see about 20 minutes but it looked really cool.
-- Will Rogers
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Hi MissG. I did a blurb on Patterns when it last showed and recently updated with pics:

http://silverscreenoasis.com/oasis/viewtopic.php?t=1827
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Thank you, Joel. I remember your post now and that I was disappointed at missing TCM's last airing of PATTERNS. I'm really excited to finally see it.
-- Will Rogers
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

The print looked incredible. Patterns is available on DVD from Roan, but the picture is horrible looking compared to what (I hope) we will see tonight. :wink: