Eddie Muller joining TCM

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Eddie Muller joining TCM

Post by Lzcutter »

Good news, especially for film noir fans- Eddie Muller has inked a deal with TCM to become an on-air host!

Details are still a bit sketchy but it was announced at a screening last night at the Noir Festival. Muller says that his on-air duties are such that he will still have plenty of time to devote to the Film Noir Foundation.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononho ... -exclusive

Sounds like there may be a weekly Film Noir night coming to TCM this year!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Eddie Muller joining TCM

Post by movieman1957 »

I listened to a little of his commentary on a film recently. Learned a few things and enjoyed it. It should be a good experience for all.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

kingrat wrote:This is a big win/win for everybody. Eddie Muller is an excellent on-air host, film noir will be more prominent at TCM, and he will still be doing his work for the Film Noir Foundation. As some of you know, he is also very approachable and friendly at Club TCM, just like Robert Osborne and Ben Mankiewicz. He fits into the TCM family well.

Kingrat,

You took the words right out of my mouth - I was stunned to see Eddie is joining TCM and this is great news for all of us in Silver Screen Oasis. Man, TCM is getting better and better ...
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Wonderful news! I very much enjoyed his hosting previously.