Now Stop That!

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
Moraldo Rubini

Now Stop That!

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Last week I received an email discussing a wide screen movie that was filmed in "Now Stop That!". It seemed an odd thing to write, but I didn't think much about it...

Today I wrote about my experience seeing a movie that was filmed in C-i-n-e-m-a-s-c-o-p-e. To my surprise, when I posted it, it read that the movie I saw was shot in "Now Stop That!".

So I'm assuming this is the board's method to avert anyone from bringing up an unhappy past. The name of this format is automatically replaced with a scolding. The only problem is: how do we discuss this anamorphic method of shooting movies?

I wonder if enough time has passed that we can have the name of this wide-screen format return to our lexicon?
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

We'll think about making the change.
May I suggest using the term cinema-scope for the time being?
Thank you for your patience, Moraldo.
otterhere

???

Post by otterhere »

Well, this is my first attempt to join a discussion on this board (other than my introduction -- it's a reintroduction, to some of you), and I'm totally confused... I assume this thread refers to someone "talkin' smack" on the other board (TCM)??? I tell you what, I've decided it's not worth my fingers' work to check on that one anymore... Everyone seems to be under-20 and suffering from that generation's persistent delusion that their every thought is blog-worthy and that life is to be lived on a computer keyboard... Let's keep this old timers' board clean and relevant; we know how to behave 'cause our mama's taught us right.
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Darn... I opened this and was wondering if we were going to get a Jack Benny Story filmed!

Of course, you might insert BIO as another name to avoid! ha ha
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Right you are. We have only had one problem in the amost year long life of this board. It was handled quickly and with a minimum of disruption.

We are all cordial, even when we disagree. I think we've come to the conclusion that movies are enough to disagree over but not worth a fight.

Mostly we have interesting discussions and share a lot of information.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
otterhere

Post by otterhere »

I have to say, I'm equally appalled at their choice of movies/stars when they DO deign to stick to the subject... All modern; fie!!! I dunno, but seems to me TCM would wrest control from these whippersnappers and redirect them to appropriate sites for discussing modern/current movies (or having virtual quarrels and social lives; MySpace, FacePage, etc.)...

Ahhhhhh... Wrapping up in afgan, sipping hot tea, rocking in my rocker.
Watching an old black-and-white from the 30s and chatting with friends.

creak- creak-creak
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Personally, I think there are just as many fans of older as well as newer films. The problem is that the board has become more about the posters and their personalities and less about film. There are people who start threads about film topics, only to find them hijacked by others who run some long winded 8 page diatribe about themselves. While I don't mind a little fun and discourse here and there, if you can't stay on the topic, what's the point?