Coming here for a Rest Cure

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Poor George! I think you've managed to insult him!
klondike

Post by klondike »

Ollie wrote:Poor George! I think you've managed to insult him!
That would be true only if you're sure you know how I feel about the TCM Message Boards.
In fact, I think it's fair to say that I am equally admiring & respectful of both the Boards, and the leader of the frequently-smokin'-hot Destroyers.
I was alluding more to comparisons of style when I drew those analogies.
8)
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Good early morning,

To use a rock and roll analogy in comparing the two forums, I find TCM City (which I will rarely look at and never post to) to be akin to the Ramones (lots of noise, little substance) where SSO is more the Joni Mitchell type (well conceived and beautifully executed.) A little over a year ago when SSO took flight it was like Bob Dylan penning "Shelter From the Storm." We found a new home where people are not only knowledgeable but affable and civil. Not enough thanks can be paid to the folks who gave birth to The Oasis. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I don't think anyone could argue with me if I said that no one on this board, no matter how well versed in cinema history they might be, hasn't learned at least a little something else from the other members. Me? I couldn't begin to impart to others what has been taught to me, and never once has anyone taken me to task for asking what to some might be a silly or frivolous question. What more could you ask of a forum like this?

Respectfully, and as always,

Hollis