THREE new forums

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
SSO Admins
Administrator

THREE new forums

Post by SSO Admins »

I added Drama and Sci-fi and Horror under films, and Games and Trivia under Film-Related.
Last edited by SSO Admins on May 14th, 2007, 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
moira finnie
Administrator

Thanks Jon

Post by moira finnie »

Thank you Jon. Can't say that you don't give the members a nice, well-appointed place to play.
moira :lol:

oh, lawd, i used a smilie...so it begins...
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Jon,

Could I ask for one for Film Preservation? It would be a place to talk about Film Preservation, Restoration, Kevin Brownlow, David Shepard, et al and movie Palaces!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

Thank you. I'll enjoy the Sci-Fi forum. Nice additions, all.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
filmlover

Post by filmlover »

moira, I'm getting exhausted watching that greyhound run. Will he ever cross the finish line? : )
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

Lzcutter wrote:Jon,

Could I ask for one for Film Preservation? It would be a place to talk about Film Preservation, Restoration, Kevin Brownlow, David Shepard, et al and movie Palaces!
Done.
moira finnie
Administrator

Dancing in Streets Breaks Out with News of Film Preservation

Post by moira finnie »

Film Preservationists throw caution to the winds when news of film preservation spot on new message board is announced!!! Thank you, Jon!
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Prof. Klondike's good friend Bill Demarest tries to control Dean Finnie, Prof. Cutter, MrsL and Sue Sue Applegate as the news is announced!!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

klondike

Post by klondike »

And a good thing it is that 'twere "Uncle Charlie" on duty, 'cause were it "Uncle Bub" (Sgt. Frawley) walkin' the beat, sure an' 'twould be a fifth dancer playin' ring-a-rosie, and then sombody'd have to be callin' Captain O'Brien & the gang busters!

Klondike
Uncle Stevie

Re: THREE new forums

Post by Uncle Stevie »

I would like to add a new forum discussing the old theaters that were once the heart and sole of classic movies. I ran across a website called "Cinema Treasures" and find pssionate people there about old classic presentations of big screen movies. I think this forum could benefit from the new category.

http://cinematreasures.org/theater/522/

I apologize if this was a previous topic but I could not find it. I also think the board should revisit topics that have no entries in over a year and perhaps delete them or at least put them in an archive status.

Uncle Stevie
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

UncleStevie,

A thread devoted to movie palaces and movie theaters can be found here:

http://silverscreenoasis.com/oasis3/vie ... f=26&t=228

Hope that helps and please feel free to add to the thread!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

I am sorry to be so contrary here but I now see why I could not find this thread. "Dark House Of Light" is not exactly a descriptive title for Old Movie Theaters. There was an obvious reason why no one has responded to it since 2007. Don't you think it is time to revitalize the subject and re-name the thread? I am sure that your current active group of posters did not find it like I did not.

There is much to discuss about classic movies but when any subject has no vistors for three years or more it may be time to either delete it or change it's name.

I am not looking for an argument here and I apologize for possibly offending you or anyone but please understand I am excited and passionate about silverscreenoasis.com. I love this site and want it to be all it can be. Your posters are the most knowledgeable group I have met and enjoy their information and comments. I have learned so much from this site that I have increased my attention to classic movies and now have purchased over 180 DVD movies. I will continue to participate in discussions and should I post a new thread that no one responds to I consider it a lesson learned and my personal failure. I do not always do the right thing but I try to always improve myself.

Sincerely

Uncle Stevie
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Uncle Stevie,

The former Dark Houses of Light has been renamed as Movie Palaces, Cinemas and Theaters of Yesterday and Today. You can find the thread here:

http://silverscreenoasis.com/oasis3/vie ... f=26&t=228

We hope that you enjoy posting about your favorite movie palaces and more there!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Yay!!!!! Break out the bubbly!!!!! New Restoration Forum!!!!

Thank you!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor