ADJUNCT - Choosing our new name from among . . .

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
mrsl

ADJUNCT - Choosing our new name from among . . .

Post by mrsl »

I started this thread because I'm still choosing one out of five. I'm going to write my thoughts, and re-read them a couple of times before making my final decision. Some others may also want to do this, and see other reasonings.

In the first place, I don't think our name should have any affiliation with that of either Turner or TCM. We are a separate entity. Although we met through TCM, that is our only connection. We have different rules, different ideas, and different opinions on what should, and should not be accepted. Plus, it may cause legal problems.

Secondly, I don't think we should go with any type of play on words, or phrases like 'Play it again Sam', or 'The Special (essential) movies'.

Third, some of the names are 'cute' and 'catchy' but we're looking for serious discussions and fans of classic movies and names like 'Hollywood Babble On', although, catchy, sounds rather like 'trick or treat'. Also, 'Celluloid Sanctuary' sounds kind of morbid or gloomy to me.

So that's my reasoning in disregarding many. Not planning to ruffle any feathers, or hurt feelings, just an attempt at being the devils' advocate.

Following are the ones I'm pondering:

#29 - Movie Mob - Reminiscent of the really early classics, although I prefer something like Movie Misers - alluding to the B&W and the original movie stars.

#34 - Classic Corner - This is very dignified and simple - less is more.

#53 - Cinema Anonymous - Again simple and dignified.

#12 - Filmanatics - I like this, but I would drop the second 'a' to Filmantics.

# 3 - Once and Forever - Since I came up with this, but didn't state my reasons for it - I thought of - 'Once' they were all there was, but they'll go on 'Forever' in/with our memories.

So, that's how I think in my pea brain. When I have decided, I will put my choice on the correct topic.

Anne