Glad your back

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
ken123

Glad your back

Post by ken123 »

Yes sir!!!! :D
knitwit45

Re: Glad your back

Post by knitwit45 »

HOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Hallelujah and amen!
Joseph Goodheart
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

And there was joy in all the land.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Whew...I was jonesing.
B
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

I'm sorry about that. [ techie crap ]This goes back to an old "catch all" email address I had set up -- one that would take any email sent to any of the three domains that redirect to SSO. It was getting spam at an amazing level, enough to cause server lag and affect other sites that are hosted on the same server.[ /techie crap ]

The upshot was that the site was shut down by the host until I could take care of the problem. I did and we're back up. I'm sorry for those who were negatively impacted. I'm not a super techie, just a guy with a little knowledge of running a message board who wants to keep this site up. Honestly, my life has taken some different directions since those long ago days when I set this up -- I don't post here much, or even check it as much as I should. I still love classic films, but discussion of them is increasingly hard to fit into my real life. Without Moira and the rest of the staff who do all the real work here, it would be one of a million dead message message boards on the internet.

That said, this site is important to me, and you all have a home here as long as I'm breathing. I can't guarantee 100% uptime (obviously), and much of what works is based on the real techies who write and maintain the phpBB software.

Thanks for your patience.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

jondaris, you are too modest.....

I just want to say thank you to ALL of you for keeping this site safe and running. You were informative, helpful, and made it all about US during this lapse in service. I don't think you know how important your caring communication is to us when something like this happens. I was struck by how kindly and real you were, and how important I felt knowing that you made every effort to contact us personally and fix things for us.

It is a direct contrast to the other site, in which the moderators do not even show up anymore, even when trolls are once again plaguing every good upstanding member.

This horrible week at TCM has shown me once again how important the SSO is. I hope you are always here.

THANK YOU.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Thanks so much for taking care of this technical issue, Jon. Your contributions are invaluable.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Jon,
Thank you for keeping this site up - and any little lapses will be forgiven in light of the other 360 good days!

Moira, thanks to you and all the other moderators who keep this site going strong.

I have so much fun here, and, although I don't wax poetic about the movies I enjoy, I appreciate throwing an Allen Jenkins reference out and having someone get it. Noone in my real life does!
klondike

Post by klondike »

Birdy wrote:
I have so much fun here, and, although I don't wax poetic about the movies I enjoy, I appreciate throwing an Allen Jenkins reference out and having someone get it. Noone in my real life does!
Efforts like that must feel almost like a Dead End sometimes. :wink:
And Birdy, I, for one, find many of your posts lyrical, and sometimes even epic. :mrgreen:
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

If my words did glow...
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Thanks Jon for the work you and the moderators put in, I for one am very grateful :wink:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

me too, me too....what she said!!!!!!!!!