Jondaris - Is it possible?

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
mrsl

Jondaris - Is it possible?

Post by mrsl »

Hi Sweet jondaris:

I love this site and although I sometimes feel rather like a thief in the night, since TCM is our main source for information on classic movies, I feel the Golden Rule applies. Since TCM did not do unto us as we would have done unto them until it was too late, my conscience is pretty much clear.

This however, is my question. The various sites I belong to all have the most recent post available upon clicking on the thread. Having the original post first is confusing now with so many threads into 3 and 4 pages. I'm sure most of us check in, if not daily, then every couple of days.

I'm not asking you to reverse the options; I am asking if you could put the 'oldest/newest' option at the top of the first page, instead of at the bottom. Right now, you have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the option, and it would be so much more convenient to have it at the top.

Would anyone else prefer this?

Jon, would it be possible at this late date?

Anne
Last edited by mrsl on May 15th, 2007, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

I agree 100%.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Thanks, dewey, I hope others contribute their comments.

Anne
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

YES. I've searched and searched for a way to switch from the oldest to the newest... It was what I really loved about the Turner forums, but I have never seen it in any other forum I have ventured into. Blogs are set up that way, with the newest entry first. Makes alot of sense to me, but alot of people don't like it... It would be nice for it to be an option in your user profile.
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

I have received several requests for this, but I don't know how to do it. It's not a modification that seems to be in great demand. I'll keep looking.

But in the meantime, there is a link just below the TCM couple called "View all posts since last visit." Click it and you get a list of all topics that have been replied to since you last viewed the board. Next to the thread titles is a small icon that looks like a piece of paper. Click that and you will go to the first post that was posted after your last visit.

I haven't given up on finding a way to add a permanent sort option as a preference in your profile, but it's not easy.
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

jondaris wrote: But in the meantime, there is a link just below the TCM couple called "View all posts since last visit." Click it and you get a list of all topics that have been replied to since you last viewed the board. Next to the thread titles is a small icon that looks like a piece of paper. Click that and you will go to the first post that was posted after your last visit.
Yes, that is a great function. Espcially if you add it to your favorites, then click and you get all the posts.
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I personally don't like this feature (having the posts in ascending order) and changed mine on the TCM website to decending.

If you want to see the most current post all you have to do is click on the name of the last poster alongside the thread title and you are there. You can scroll backwards from there if need be.
Moraldo Rubini

Butterfingers

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

If you want to see the most current post all you have to do is click on the name of the last poster alongside the thread title and you are there.
I don't get it. I tried clicking the last poster alongside the thread title, but it took me to that poster's profile. What am I doing wrong?
Kyle In Hollywood

Re: Butterfingers

Post by Kyle In Hollywood »

Moraldo Rubini wrote:
If you want to see the most current post all you have to do is click on the name of the last poster alongside the thread title and you are there.
I don't get it. I tried clicking the last poster alongside the thread title, but it took me to that poster's profile. What am I doing wrong?
Oops. I think Mr Arkadin meant to say "click on the "page symbol" next to the name of the most recent poster". The one with the small black arrow pointing toward it. That's what I do.

kjk
Kyle In Hollywood
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Kyle is right. Sorry bout the mixup. :oops: