Bronxgirl48

Re: Noir Alley

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Good going, txfilmfan!

And yes, what a surprise, lol.
cmovieviewer

Post by cmovieviewer »

To represent Eddie properly, his actual quote was that Follow Me Quietly is "one of the first contemporary serial killer movies made in Hollywood."

I'm sure he will say more this weekend.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

NIGHT MUST FALL was made in Hollywood. In fact, it was Dame May Whitty's Hollywood film debut!
Andree

Re: !

Post by Andree »

Hibi wrote: May 10th, 2024, 8:39 am

In years, its less than that as the show is on several times a year with overlapping between years, but she's probably been on close to 20 years now.

That Heartland show seems to focus on small hick towns where everyone knows each other and never lock their doors. Then after the murder no one trusts each other etc. (i.e. the real world!)
Even 20 years seems long enough. Go out at the top, Paula.

Yes, one murder changes everything and they all start to give
their neighbors the squint eye. But just like in the big city,
it's usually about love or money or a combination of the two.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky
Marysara1

Post by Marysara1 »

What about Souls for Sale. Mem's husband was a murderer.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

cmovieviewer wrote: May 10th, 2024, 7:49 pm To represent Eddie properly, his actual quote was that Follow Me Quietly is "one of the first contemporary serial killer movies made in Hollywood."

I'm sure he will say more this weekend.
Use of "one of" and "contemporary" gives one a lot of wiggle room!
kingrat

Post by kingrat »

Had Follow Me Quietly been shown before? Some of it seemed awfully familiar. Nicely directed. Dorothy Patrick is like a cross between Dorothy Malone and Rosemary Clooney. Jeff Corey did some scene stealing.

Interesting intro by Eddie about the condition of RKO just before this picture was made.
cmovieviewer

Post by cmovieviewer »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: May 12th, 2024, 11:16 am Use of "one of" and "contemporary" gives one a lot of wiggle room!
Unless I missed it, I don't think Eddie said anything this week to further explain his serial killer statement. It was pretty much a repeat of the introduction he gave when Follow Me Quietly was shown on Noir Alley back in 2018.

(To answer kingrat's question, it has been shown on TCM several times before, including once before on Noir Alley.)
ElCid

Re: !

Post by ElCid »

PAULA NEWS! Her show wasn't on last night! They are running In Pursuit again. Might be the beginning of the end! She was only on 3 months this time around. (As opposed to 5-6 mos. in the past). They may be phasing her out. (moving her from Sundays etc.)
[/quote]

Paula who and what show?
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
Andree

Post by Andree »

Paula Zahn has a long running show on ID called On the Case with Paula Zahn.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

kingrat wrote: May 12th, 2024, 11:49 am Had Follow Me Quietly been shown before? Some of it seemed awfully familiar. Nicely directed. Dorothy Patrick is like a cross between Dorothy Malone and Rosemary Clooney. Jeff Corey did some scene stealing.

Interesting intro by Eddie about the condition of RKO just before this picture was made.
Yes it has! At first I didn't think I'd seen it before, but then I started remembering it. It's not a film I would've watched just by the title, so it had to have been shown on Noir Alley. It has a few good scenes/segments, but overall didn't think it merited the build up by Eddie. I wound up watching it, but wouldn't again. Does anyone know where the chase sequence was filmed at the end? Reminded me of White Heat!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Andree wrote: May 12th, 2024, 5:35 pm Paula Zahn has a long running show on ID called On the Case with Paula Zahn.
LONG, LONG running.......
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: May 10th, 2024, 7:26 pm Re: the concept of a serial killer -- wouldn't that have started with 1929's PANDORA'S BOX? Then the 1937 NIGHT MUST FALL. Perhaps in the interest of accuracy Eddie will mention these two.
HAHA Don't count on it!!1!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

After doing some checking, the final chase scene of Follow Me Quietly was done at the Los Angeles Gas Works near Union Station. (now demolished).
Andree

Post by Andree »

Hibi wrote: May 13th, 2024, 9:00 am

LONG, LONG running.......
Add as many longs as necessary.