Myrna Loy pre-codes?

The place for film-trading!
myrnaloyisdope

Myrna Loy pre-codes?

Post by myrnaloyisdope »

Hi all, I am looking for the following Myrna Loy pre-codes, any help would be much appreciated:

• Night Flight (1933)
• The Barbarian (1933)
• Topaze (1933/I)
• The Woman in Room 13 (1932)
• The Wet Parade (1932)
• Vanity Fair (1932/I)
• Emma (1932)
• Skyline (1931)
• Transatlantic (1931)
• Hush Money (1931)
• A Connecticut Yankee (1931)
• Body and Soul (1931)
• Rogue of the Rio Grande (1930)
• Renegades (1930)
• The Bad Man (1930)
• The Jazz Cinderella (1930)
• The Last of the Duanes (1930)
• Cock o' the Walk (1930)
• Under a Texas Moon (1930)
• Isle of Escape (1930)
• Cameo Kirby (1930)
Last edited by myrnaloyisdope on August 6th, 2008, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ingenue

Post by The Ingenue »

I have The Prizefighter and the Lady and The Wet Parade if you're still needing them. I can offer only VHS copies, though. Send me a private message if you're interested.
intothenitrate

Re: Myrna Loy pre-codes?

Post by intothenitrate »

I know this is a really old post, but I have a story about The Barbarian that I thought was worth sharing--sort of a case study.

A number of years ago, I was putting on my shoes to go to work and flipped on TCM to see what was on. It just happened to be the celebrated "bathing sequence." Oh, Mrs. Charles!. I think my eyes popped out of my head a little bit. I did an internet search to see if the film was in print anywhere, and when I saw it wasn't, I just figured I'd have to wait until it came up in the rotation again, like on Myrna's birthday. That's when I learned that sometimes a film that isn't your typical "war-horse" may take years to come back...if at all.

After waiting year after year, I became aware of the "collector" sites, where you could get a DVDR of an out-of-print title for a nominal fee. I did business with one guy in New England and that went pretty well. I was just about to make a second transaction with him--including The Barbarian-- and he wrote a somewhat frantic reply to me saying that he was in the process of getting shut down by copyright lawyers.

Now, I notice that Warners is adding more and more titles to their catalog as DVD-Rs, including none other than The Barbarian. I have since gotten over my obsession, and may or may not get a copy (it's twenty bucks), but it was kind of interesting to track the progression of events.
"Immorality may be fun, but it isn't fun enough to take the place of one hundred percent virtue and three square meals a day."
Goodnight Basington