scootermovies

The place for film-trading!
Fossy

scootermovies

Post by Fossy »

Scootermovies

Has anyone ever heard of them? On 2 Jan 2013 I ordered three films from them. I received a reply with an order number saying that the order would take 5-7 business days, and that if required to be backordered, up to six weeks.

Mail from U.S.A to Australia can be as quick as eight days or as long as thirty days. The money left my bank account on 5 Jan 2013. A distressing part of this transaction is that emails to them have been ignored and after more than three months it looks like I have lost my money.

In one way I suppose I should be thankful. I originally made out an order for nine movies, then decided that I could not afford it at that time, and cut the order back to three.

A web search revealed that there have been many complaints against them.
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: scootermovies

Post by moira finnie »

Fossy, I'm sorry to read of your disappointment with this vendor, but hope that you will eventually receive some resolution of this matter.

This may be one example of the need to proceed with caution whenever dealing with an online vendor, particularly if they are offering rare, out-of-print or never-issued-on video films (often the kind that we love, darn it!). This gray area of film distribution may also be illegal in some instances and in some countries, which makes it even more difficult to trust anyone other than a reputable distributor of movies for recordings on DVD or VHS. Research of all unfamiliar or unaffiliated sources for films online would be wise before purchasing anything from them. As always, it would be best to only share information about any online account judiciously after you have decided to make a purchase.

FYI: As a non-profit community, The Silver Screen Oasis does not endorse or support the sale of any films, whether under copyright or in the public domain. We cannot be responsible for third party vendors. We hope that our members will support classic films by purchasing legitimately distributed films from the studio era when available, since this may be one of the best ways to let the owners of these films know that there is a real marketplace for such fare.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
intothenitrate

Re: scootermovies

Post by intothenitrate »

I saw that web site too, Fossy, when an internet search said they had some film that was really hard to find. I emailed them first, just to say hi and let them know I was interested in obtaining one of their films. When I didn't hear back from them, I abandoned the idea.
"Immorality may be fun, but it isn't fun enough to take the place of one hundred percent virtue and three square meals a day."
Goodnight Basington