PBS

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: PBS

Post by movieman1957 »

We started "Miss Fisher's Mysteries" but we did at a time when we were watching several other "mystery" shows and The Bride had trouble keeping the plots organized to their own shows. Consequently we put this one aside.

With only the newest Foyle series to get through we may take this back up as we enjoyed it as well.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Just saw a notice on Facebook that Season 3 of Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries will start on select PBS stations August 6!!

Chicago, Baltimore, NYC are on the list, but Kansas City is not :cry: :cry: so Mrs L and Chris, you are in luck!!!!
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Chris, I hope you and your bride have gotten to Phryne by now. The writers are doing a great job of keeping the romance between her and Jack titillating. Just a little look or movement now and then just as the picture is engulfed by that little black circle.

On the side, I dislike facial hair on men completely. I convinced Mr. L to shave his mustache (that he had since he was 19 yrs. old), when he was about 45, and he looked 35 without it. I mention that because another Sherlock HOlmes was shown over the weekend starring Martin Clune (Doc Martin), who I agree is not a tremendously attractive man, but in this one, he has a mustache which improves his looks amazingly. Did anyone else catch it?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

"Doc Martin" has started its 7th season on PBS this last Sunday. Life is still a problem for most everyone there.
Chris

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Mrs. L., it was Martin Freeman in the Sherlock movie. He is Watson to Benedict Cumberbatch's Holmes. Their series has always been set in the current time period, so this was quite a switch for them. Martin Freeman was also Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit trilogy. I liked the Holmes movie, but had a bit of trouble with the rapid fire dialog.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

IN case anyone doesn't know DOC MARTIN finally starts another season on PBS on Jan 2019. (At least int the Baltimore/Washington area.) Enjoy.
Chris