Summer TV shows

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

Re: Summer TV shows

Post by mrsl »

lz cutter wrote: "Major Crimes returns to TNT on Monday, June 10th followed by Jon Tenney's (Brenda Leigh's Fritz from The Closer) new show, King and Maxwell."

I've seen a few clips and I have to say this. I've been watching Jon Tenney ever since he was on Stargate: sg1 and he was always squeaky clean - clean shaven, wore suits, etc. but apparently in this new show he will be a little less perfect. As much as I hate that 7:00 shadow look, on him it changes my mind, on him it looks HOT . . . smokin' hot in fact !!!

I don't know what the show will turn out to be like, but I will be watching it if only to drool a little bit over him. I know I'm weird because I also find Robert Taylor of Longmire extremely hot too, my taste in men covers a whole spectrum from 0 degrees to the nth degree.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

I wonder if its an "age" thing, MrsL ? (We are only 7 months apart) Jon Tenney and Robert Taylor ARE hot!!!!!
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

I think I might be a few years younger than you two but I concur with you (so it's not an age thing) about Jon Tenney and I think Robert Taylor is a good actor but find Lou Diamond Phillips very hot!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Oh,yeah, LDP is high on the hot o meter...I never used to think so, but he is like the other two, age has been VERY kind to him. And believe me, Lz, you are being very tactful..."FEW'" years? Ha! :?
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I CONCUR with both of you!

Anne

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

King and Maxwell is a nice breezy show without a much gravitas to it. But this week's episode, towards the end, gave Jon Tenney an opportunity to show off his acting chops and also gave a glimpse of what this show could be.

I'm not sure that Rebecca Romjin can equal Tenney's depth in characterization or if the writers will give some of that gravitas that Tenney displayed this week to continue, but for a brief moment, it was terrific!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I failed to mention this guy earlier when we were discussing 'hot' T.V. actors. Have any of you seen Shemar Moore on Criminal Minds? Talk about hot, this guy sizzles!!!
Anne

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

David,

OMG, I was thinking the same thing!!!

But, Berenger is a good actor so hopefully that will help!

By the way, The Bridge just began on FX last night and it is a terrific drama set on the El Paso/Juarez border. I highly recommend it!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Lee Thompson Young, who played Jane Rizzoli's partner Barry Frost on Rizzoli and Isles, has died. He was 29.

The show, which along with Major Crimes and Perception, had just been renewed last week. Young was expected to return to the show which shut down production today when the producers received word of his unexpected death.

Not sure how long production will be shut down but writers will have to figure out how to write Frost out of the show.

For more details: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/f ... lee-608974
Lynn in Lake Balboa

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Rizzoli and Isles fans,

I haven't seen this week's episode yet but I understand that there is a tribute to Lee Thompson Young at the end of show.

David,

I totally agree about Burn Notice. With this the final season, I am having a hard time caring (and I have been a fan for years!). At this point, I don't care about Michael and the CIA and wonder why he would want to go back so badly to an organization that has treated him like crap for so many years.

He was way better off just enjoying his life with Fe, Sam, Jessie and his mom.

As for Major Crimes, I thought it was a competent season (I liked last season more, I think) and all of the actors (with the exception of the new DA) definitely make it worth watching (I, too, enjoyed the retirement home eppy).

The introduction of the new DA is not really working for me at all. I would be happy to see her replaced but I don't think the TV gods are going to grant me that wish. Though the Rusty storyline continues to intrigue me (plus the actor who plays Rusty really sells it).
Lynn in Lake Balboa

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

kingrat wrote:So now we've seen Sharon Raydor's estranged husband on Major Crimes, and he turns out to be Tom Berenger--which would be a good thing except that Berenger has packed on a minimum of 100 lbs. since I've seen him last. Yikes! This guy used to be so hot. Send him to a Celebrity Biggest Loser right now. Berenger looks dissipated as well as heavy, which works OK for his character, a compulsive gambler, but still. Kyra Sedgwick had Jon Tenney, and Mary McDonnell deserves someone hotter than Berenger is now.

There's something weird about seeing an aging heartthrob and thinking, "Good grief, he isn't holding up nearly as well as I am."

Ever since Tom joined the show - I stopped watching it because Berenger looks like bum on the show. And, my interest in this show has rapidly joining the ranks of the unwatchable.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Erick: Berenger was only on for 2 or 3 episodes, he is not a regular.

Lynn: I completely agree about the new DA, in fact, in the words of Jean Hagen in Singin in the Rain, "I can't stan 'im(her).
Anne

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

mrsl wrote:
Erick: Berenger was only on for 2 or 3 episodes, he is not a regular.
Thanks for heads up mrsl !