New Tricks new cast

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

New Tricks new cast

Post by stuart.uk »

Spoiler

I'm still not sure if the UK cop show New Tricks is on U.S Tv, but I think it is.

In the last series James Bollam's character was killed off, but not on camera, by a long term illness. He was replaced by Scottish actor Denis Lawson (Star Wars and Local Hero). In the new Series Alun Armstrong(Braveheart) and I assume screen wife Sue Jameson will leave shortly. His place will be taken by Only Fools And horses star Nicholas Lyndhurst. Then in about episode 8 the brilliant Amanda Redman will leave, but a possible return hasn't been ruled out. Her place will be taken by former Eastenders actress Tamzin Outhwaite
mrsl

Re: New Tricks new cast

Post by mrsl »

Stuart:

New Tricks was on for a short time and now it's off again. They play with these programs so much on public television that sometimes I want to scream at my t.v. Saturday night they were starting to play Doc Martin again, and tonight it's not listed - gggrrrr. I was getting caught up with the beginning episodes. But worst of all I miss As Time Goes By and Keeping up Appearances greatly.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
stuart.uk

Re: New Tricks new cast

Post by stuart.uk »

Spoiler

It's funny in this series, that 2 of the episodes with regular cast member's leaving, turned out to be two of the best episodes over the the shows 10-year run.
Alun Armstrong, as Brian Lane, went out on a high with almost a suggestion in the plot that he and his wife Esther, played by Sue Jameson, were going to start a private Detective agency. It was also great to see Esther in that episode, from being the housewife over the last 10-years, emerge as an action heroine and save Brian's life as a nasty woman was trying to strangle him. It hinted at a spin off and as much as I'd like one, I can't see it.

Amanda Redman's departure even surpasssed that. Her character Sandra Pullman solves 11 murders in one stroke, by tracking down a serial killer and his sidekicks. Then she resigns to join an organization that tracks down war criminals. Also on this episode James Bollam reprised his role of the late Jack Halford, who appears before Sandra in 2 visions, in key moments in the story