The Crimson Field a Charlie Chaplin Legacy

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

The Crimson Field a Charlie Chaplin Legacy

Post by stuart.uk »

Spoiler

Hopefully The Crimson Field will reach America at some point, but the first episode aired in the UK on Sunday night. If you liked Call The Midwife chances are you'll enjoy this. It's about a group of nurses serving in a medical unit near the front line in World War One.

The big names involved are Herione Norris (Spooks and Kingdom) as the old fashioned stickler Matron Grace Carter and Surrane Jones (Coronation Street, Vincent and Scott And Bailly) as the modern thinking Sister Joan Livesey, who arrives at her first day at camp riding a motorcycle.

However, whats the link to Charlie Chaplin other than the fact it's set during the same period he started in movies. It's playing the rebellious nurse Kitty Trevelyan, who was sacked and reninstated on her first day by Matron Carter is none other than Onna Chaplin jnr, the 27-year-old granddaughter of the great actor and the daughter of Geraldine.

I was thinking wouldn't it be great if the medical unit and patients could sit and watch a Chaplin movie with Onna watching.I don't think it would be out of place
stuart.uk

Re: The Crimson Field a Charlie Chaplin Legacy

Post by stuart.uk »

I hope this link transers. It's of Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter Oona in action in the splendid drama The Crimson Field. The resmblance is uncanny