TRAPPED IN A TV SHOW

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
MissGoddess

TRAPPED IN A TV SHOW

Post by MissGoddess »

I saw this topic posted on FB, so I stole it. :D

If you were trapped in a TV show for a month, which would it be and why did you choose that show?
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
Rita Hayworth

Re: TRAPPED IN A TV SHOW

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Okay Miss Goddess ... Interesting Subject Matter - bar none.

I will make a list of shows ... Top 10

As a guy ...

(10) ... I would say SEINFELD because the show is so darn funny its laughable and its about NOTHING and that's the beauty of it.
(9) ... I would say I LOVE LUCY because of the humor is so contagious that I would have fun with Lucille Ball everyday for a month.
(8) ... I would say THE COSBY SHOW because - Bill Cosby is such a joy to work with.
(7) ... I would say BATMAN show because of color, the unique camera angles, and the chance to see a COMIC BOOK SHOW comes to life.
(6) ... Same goes to WONDER WOMAN to chance to see Lynda Carter in Action
(5) ... Same goes to ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN to chance to see George Reeves in Action
(4) ... I would say MASH because of the humor of ALAN ALDA brings to that show ... He is a delightful Comedic Actor bar none.
(3) ... I would say THE WALTONS because of the family values that they brings to that show ... It's wholesome and a chance to see RALPH WAITE and COMPANY.
(2) ... I would say ALL OF THE FAMILY because of the lovability of Carroll O'Connor, Jean Stapleton, and others that made this show a groundbreaking show of all time.

NUMBER ONE

I would say THE HONEYMOONERS because of the quartet of Jackie Gleason, Audrey Meadows, Art Cartney, and Joyce Randolph is a tough quartet to beat. That show put a smile on my face in reruns FOREVER.

Why, I chose it ...

Because of the joy of Gleason and Carney working together and the happiness that they both brings and when you bring in the talents of Meadows and Randolph into the mix ... these four lovable characters will laugh you head off every single day of the month and you leave with a BIG SMILE on your face. Jackie Gleason is such a rare talent back in those days and he literally made TV COMEDY a treadsetter ... and that's made it TRULY SPECIAL.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

My first thought is "The Dick Van Dyke Show." That is assuming I am also working for Alan Brady. Another option is I'd like to be a sidekick to Paladin in "Have Gun, Will Travel." He does travel.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Rita Hayworth wrote:Okay Miss Goddess ... Interesting Subject Matter - bar none.

I will make a list of shows ... Top 10
My goodness, Erik, thanks so much for going the extra distance! You make excellent points about why being in those shows would be fun/exciting.
I noticed a few people on the FB page listed M*A*S*H as you did. Though they didn't give their reasons, I guess they are similar to yours. I'd love to be around those people but I admit I'd rather it be on a sound=stage battle field instead of the real things. :D

And Linda Carter was stunning.

NUMBER ONE

I would say THE HONEYMOONERS because of the quartet of Jackie Gleason, Audrey Meadows, Art Cartney, and Joyce Randolph is a tough quartet to beat. That show put a smile on my face in reruns FOREVER.
Why, I chose it ...

Because of the joy of Gleason and Carney working together and the happiness that they both brings and when you bring in the talents of Meadows and Randolph into the mix ... these four lovable characters will laugh you head off every single day of the month and you leave with a BIG SMILE on your face. Jackie Gleason is such a rare talent back in those days and he literally made TV COMEDY a treadsetter ... and that's made it TRULY SPECIAL.

I can't think of a better reason for being there. For a show that ran for such a short time, it's had enormous impact and really touched people's hearts to this day.
-- Will Rogers
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

movieman1957 wrote:My first thought is "The Dick Van Dyke Show." That is assuming I am also working for Alan Brady. Another option is I'd like to be a sidekick to Paladin in "Have Gun, Will Travel." He does travel.

Terrific choices (and two of my favorites!). One for laughter, one for adventure. That about covers it.

Though I would probably want to hide whenever Alan Brady approached. :D
-- Will Rogers
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

For me it would have to be Bewitched. I'd be a client of McMann and Tate, Darrin my account executive. Darrin invites me over one evening, with Larry and Louise, and of course Endora popped in earlier and invited herself to stay to dinner. Endora and I hit it off big-time. She takes me into her confidence and we spend the month touring the romantic corners of the cosmos. <sigh> :D 8)
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

A most "bewitching" answer, PT! :D
-- Will Rogers
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

I'd like to hang with the Orson Welles of television, Ernie Kovacs, on The Ernie Kovacs Show.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

ChiO wrote:I'd like to hang with the Orson Welles of television, Ernie Kovacs, on The Ernie Kovacs Show.

Excellent Choice ChiO ... Ernie is one fantastic talent. I seen re-runs of his show and man he was gifted all around and your description of him being Orson Welles of TELEVISION is SPOT ON.

Thanks for your comments about my post/selection Miss Goddess and due wish other members can join in the fun too - its a fascinating subject matter. :)

I still love the HONEYMOONERS ...
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

For just a month, in Twin Peaks, only because it would be so much fun to be surrounded by all that weirdness. :)
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Lomm wrote:For just a month, in Twin Peaks, only because it would be so much fun to be surrounded by all that weirdness. :)

You've never been to L.A.? You can get quite a quota of weirdness there, too.
:lol:
-- Will Rogers
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

ChiO wrote:I'd like to hang with the Orson Welles of television, Ernie Kovacs, on The Ernie Kovacs Show.

ChiO,
The few episodes I've seen demonstrated Kovaks was a true original. It's a shame they don't re-run that one on Me-TV.

Last edited by MissGoddess on April 10th, 2014, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Will Rogers
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Rita Hayworth wrote: Thanks for your comments about my post/selection Miss Goddess and due wish other members can join in the fun too - its a fascinating subject matter. :)

Hope they do, too. It's fun to imagine.

Another I saw mentioned a lot was "Fantasy Island" which makes for a good "cheat". You can be on Fantasy Island for a month, and your fantasy could of course be anything.

I still love the HONEYMOONERS ...

[youtube][/youtube]
(sorry it won't display the player no matter what URL I put)
-- Will Rogers
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

A second choice for me might be Northern Exposure. It's an interesting community, on the "Alaskan Riviera," but a month might be too much. Maybe if I could go in summer, and after the point when a local bed-and-breakfast had opened. I could talk with Dr. Fleischman about New York, maybe bring him a 'care package' of some local delicacies; hang out at The Brick, learn about shamanism from Ed, perhaps a canoe trip up river, a guest spot on Chris' radio program. . . . I suppose Maggie O'Connell would have to fly me in from Anchorage. :D
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

I have decided that, as backups, I'd spend a month on You Bet Your Life or The Dick Cavett Show (or, just one night with Dick Cavett interviewing Groucho).
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles