2014 tv shows new and continuing

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Rita Hayworth

Re: 2014 tv shows new and continuing

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Masha wrote:
Rita Hayworth wrote:The last show of CASTLE ... Kate finally arrested the man who killed her own Mother ... that was considered one of the best that I seen of CASTLE.
I found the episode disturbing. I may not have watched every episode of the series but I doubt greatly that the tape was ever mentioned prior to this. To introduce it, search for it, find it and then use it to bring a final resolution in one episode seems to me very, very rushed.

I must wonder if they are not being renewed and so are pushing to end all open issues in the few episodes before the end of the season.
I can see what you mean by disturbing Masha ... and I can see where you are coming from but for the record - I may have to retract my original statement here about being the best of CASTLE and you are so right about this show nearing the end and for what I heard that it's may not come back next fall. It will make a lot of fans very unhappy.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I so agree that MAD MEN has too many characters wandering in and out of the various stories. I love the show. But it's confusing. As long as we're predicting the future, might Mr. Draper go back to being Dick Whitman? Just, "The hell with it. I'm tired."

What happened to PARENTHOOD? It hasn't been on in weeks!
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

NBC has announced the following renewals: Hannibal joins a roster of returning dramas including Chicago Fire, Grimm, Law & Order: SVU and rookies The Blacklist and Chicago PD. For its part, NBC this week ordered new dramas Allegiance, State of Affairs, Odyssey, DC Comics take Constantine and Debra Messing starrer Mysteries of Laura.

ABC has announced the following renewals: Dancing With the Stars and The Middle join previously renewed shows Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Modern Family, Once Upon a Time, Revenge and Scandalas well as rookies Agents of SHIELD, The Goldbergs and Resurrection. The network on Thursday picked up five dramas and four comedies, while cancelling The Neighbors and freshman comedies Mixology and Trophy Wife. ABC also renewed The Bachelor, Shark Tank and America's Funniest Home Videos.

Stay tuned!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

The production crew and cast of Parenthood are in renewal talks with NBC but pay cuts for the large cast and producers and an abbreviated and final season are said to be part of the mix.

They just wrapped production of this season according to the article, the remaining episodes of this season should hit the airwaves soon.

But, the final season is up for grabs at this moment.

The Hollywood Reporter has more: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... uts-702828
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

ABC announced that Nashville has been renewed for another season.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

pay cuts for the large cast and producers

I just saw a delightful show at our local community theatre. And nobody got paid!
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

CBS renews the Mentalist for what may be its final season and cancels: Hostages, Intelligence, The Crazy Ones, Friends With Better Lives and Bad Teacher.

On another note, TBS renewed Cougar Town for one final season and NBC canceled Dracula (star Jonathan Rhys Meyers drug problem probably helped make that decision easier for them).
Lynn in Lake Balboa

moira finnie
Administrator

NCIS Final Episode for the Season

Post by moira finnie »

For those of us who enjoyed the NCIS episodes with the late Ralph Waite and Mark Harmon as father and son, you might want to see tomorrow night's closing show for their season. Don't forget the kleenex. According to The Examiner's Jodi Jill:

May 11, 2014

Michael Weatherly’s tribute to Ralph Waite on the set of “NCIS” offers up a sense of class and dignity the entire cast has given the accomplished actor and his career. As fans of the popular hit show “NCIS” are going to be reaching for a box of tissue on Tuesday night watching a farewell episode to the actor and the character, it appears that the cast is already honoring the legend. According to Enstarz on Saturday, Michael Weatherly, who plays NCIS Agent Tony DiNozzo, offered up a picture of the cast honoring the late Ralph Waite on set and it reminded everyone that the late actor was a legend in his own right.

“The #ncis Season finale on the way - thoughts for Ralph...” tweeted Michael Weatherly from his official Twitter account. The actor attached a very somber picture that reminded everyone that Ralph was part of the team, both on and off the camera.

Showcasing a chair, with Ralph’s name on the back it was a typical actor’s chair by itself, but surrounded by chaos as it looked as if there was filming in the background about to take place for the show. The blue chair with white lettering was a tribute to Ralph and a moment in time that reminded everyone his place hasn't been forgotten and won't be taken by anyone else.

Another indication that the episode will be packed with an emotional ending is the picture that Pauley Perrette shared with fans regarding the season finale. Billy Dee Williams is seen on set in the same type of chairs that Michael Weatherly points out and it appears to be in a similar location. Fans are lead to assume that the famous actor will also be involved in the tribute.

The late Ralph Waite died in February and was seen in “NCIS” as a regular part of the cast. Portraying Agent Gibbs’ father, the star was loved by the fans and really captured his character. Known for his acting ability, the star will be missed by the fans and the cast. Looking to say goodbye, there is going to be no shortage of tears. The season finale episode is a tribute to both the character and the actor. It will be difficult to watch this episode as Ralph Waite will definitely be missed.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Moirafinnie and Members of SSO and Guests

I just watched this show with great anticipation of a loving tribute to RALPH WAITE and his association with NCIS that made it a more realistic and loving show that will go down one of the best shows made. I was very happy that they made it like it is and the manner of the show itself.

I had a hard time holding back my tears and this show is very touching, great action, and drama. I just loved the flashbacks scenes and the way it being handled by all that ... and that picture of RALPH WAITE, MARK HARMON, and the YELLOW CHALLENGER at the END of the Program made me in tears ... because that show when MARK HARMON was driving it for the first time stirred great memories of that show.

Thanks Moira for a great suggestion!

Ralph Waite and Mark Harmon
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

CBS has announced that Two and Half Men will end next year. They are planning the entire season around the final episode. The show will air on Thursday nights after Thursday Night Football.

Big Bang Theory will move to Monday nights at 8:00 rather than be delayed until the late October because of the new Thursday Night Football. At the end of October, when Football ends, BBT will move back to Thursdays along with The Millers.

BBT will team with 2 Broke Girls for an hour long comedy block, followed by a drama show, Scorpion and in an interesting twist, NCIS: Los Angeles follows at 10:00.

On Tuesday nights, NCIS (original recipe) anchors the evening at 8:00, followed by the latest NCIS spinoff, {b]NCIS: New Orleans[/b] starring Scott Bakula, followed by Person of Interest.

In a strange move, CSI moves to 10:00 on Sunday evenings following The Good Wife.

Not returning until mid-season will be The Mentalist (for its final run), Mike and Molly, Undercover Boss, Vince Gilligan's new show, Battle Creek and yet another reworking of The Odd Couple.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

TNT is retiring its tagline "We Know Drama" in favor of new one, TNT Drama. Boom" in an effort to boost their male demographics and court younger viewers.

'Boom' speaks to the experience we want to deliver to TNT viewers. It's about the thrill of the chase, or overcoming impossible odds and winning the day; it's about what keeps you on the edge of your seat, hands clenched, heart racing, waiting to see what happens next; it's about the moment when it all goes 'Boom!' Most importantly, 'Boom' makes a promise to our audience about the kind of emotional, intense, exciting, funny, shocking, sexy and thrilling drama they should expect from TNT." says Michael Wright, president of programming.

A series based on writer Ed McBain's 87th precinct books is in development and Conan O'Brien re-upped with TBS for another four years.

You can see trailers for the new series joining stalwart regulars Rosselli and Isles, Major Crimes and Falling Skies here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... how-703979
Lynn in Lake Balboa

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

A co-worker and I follow NCIS faithfully, and we were really looking forward to the tribute to Ralph Waite.
We both were rather underwhelmed. Not enough time on Mr. Waite, too much on crime-of-the-week. If Gibbs doesn't start dealing with some of these long pent up feelings, there is going to be a massive meltdown...Remember when he woke up after being in a coma, no memory, and learning all over again about his wife and daughter?

just sayin'.....
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Sayin's good Knitwit, I agree with every word you said, the show should have had more RW scenes than it did, but still it was a nice farewell. I was surprised when he died and there was only one week of a credit commemorating his life at the end of the show. They did good by making this show. It took a couple of shows for me to accept RW as Gibb's father, because of his wonderful performance as the Waltons patriarch, but I starting looking for him quite soon on NCIS. Being the heartless witch that I am, I surprised myself by actually having a few tears drip down my face during the funeral scene. As a big fan of The Waltons and NCIS I admired RW's work tremendously, and that scene nearly made me feel as if I was at the actual funeral. I rarely get very involved in my favored actors, but this one just clicked something in my brain as it happened when James Arness died - sort of like a long unseen friend.

Personally I think Two Broke Girls should also join the exit line, but that's just me.

lzcutter:

TNT can change their tag line all they want, but I fail to see how producers and advertisers still think they have to court younger viewers. The moms, dads, grandmothers, and grandfathers, and aunts and uncles of teens are the people who watch TV. The teens are too busy playing with their iPads, and texting to their friends who live next door. And let's face it, if a choice has to be made between a preteen and dad watching what they want, who do you think will win? Oh . . . , how I remember praying that Mom and Dad would go out early for dinner, so I could watch The Dick Clark Show on Saturday night, otherwise it was LAWRENCE WELK !!!! Lord love a duck!
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************