Kate Beckinsale's dad Richard

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

Kate Beckinsale's dad Richard

Post by stuart.uk »

I've been watching a couple of interviews where it's been said had Richard Beckinsale not died of a heart attack at age 31 he'd have gone on to become a huge international star.

On tv he did both the tv and film versions of The Lovers with Paula Wilcox and the acclaimed prison sit-com Porridge with Ronnie Barker and Fulton Mackay. Both Barker and Beckinsale did the brief sequel to Poridge, Going Straight. Though Richard did the sit com Rising Damp, he had left the series, before the film version was made

I also had a soft spot for Kate's mum Jody Loe, a beautiful, talented actress. Richard's other daughter from a previous marraige Samantha did a firefighting drama serial London's Burning when younger, but not much since.
RedRiver

Re: Kate Beckinsale's dad Richard

Post by RedRiver »

I just saw Ms. Beckinsale in a movie last night. I didn't know she was British.
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Red.I hope this transfers.It's Kate's dad
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Sadly, I can't recommend THE TRIALS OF CATE McCALL. An implausible, preachy legal thriller. NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH is much better. Kate plays a reporter who goes to jail rather than give up a source. Don't EVER tell anyone how it ends! Her American accent is perfectly believable. Maybe the Brits have finally learned to pull that off!