Movies & Music Mixed

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Maricatrin

Movies & Music Mixed

Post by Maricatrin »

Some members are already aware that I’m a bit of a geek (no, not THAT kind of geek!) in regards to music videos; I hope no one minds if I start a thread for this subject. If you have a favorite movie/tv related music video that I've probably never seen, I'd love for you to share it here!

I'll spam post some of my videos here too, but I'd like to start out sharing some other youtubers videos that I've been fortunate enough to find. I’m sure there are plenty of fan videos out there which I haven’t seen yet, but some people can make their videos really hard to find, depending on how they title them. This one, for example. I saw it once, loved it, but then I had a devil of a time finding it again:

[youtube][/youtube]

One of my favorites is, sadly, gone now. It was a Best Years of Our Lives video, using the Little Big Town song “Bring It On Home.” It was so good, but it got removed because of a claim from MGM. I don’t know why, such a video doesn’t affect the sales for the movie, does it? I don’t understand these things at all. But I saved it before it went down, thank goodness.

A video that I wish I could have saved was an old Hollywood/romance tribute using the Celine Dion song It’s All Coming Back. I think it got removed because of the song, which claim is easier to understand. But I really wish I had saved it! I can’t even remember which user created it.

I haven’t even seen the film, but this video impressed me, the song choice seems ideal:

[youtube][/youtube]

I was curious if anyone had done a Romeo and Juliet using this song, and there were many! But this was my favorite of the ones I saw:

[youtube][/youtube]

This is one of the most impressive original-audio-mixed-with-the-music videos I’ve ever seen:

[youtube][/youtube]

This one blew me away! Great song choice and editing work, and the special effects are pretty remarkable; I can't guess what software was used (The ONLY thing I’d change would be to have a female singer instead of a male, because it is told from Scarlet’s viewpoint):

[youtube][/youtube]

These two were made for each other:

[youtube][/youtube]

Randolph Scott was marvelous, and this is a marvelous tribute:

[youtube][/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaricatrinsMusicVideos
Maricatrin

Re: Movies & Music Mixed

Post by Maricatrin »

Masha wrote:I do not know if this is the type of video which is in your mind but I love it so very much that I am not shy of sharing it in any venue where its presence might have even slight hint of credibility.]
Good for you! :) It's not exactly what I had in mind, but it still counts: a song applied to a new series of clips. What technique was that? Quite fascinating :shock:

And here are two of my latest videos, both from Rebecca (1940), but told from very different perspectives. The first one features Joan as the poor wretched girl who almost throws herself out the window. The second one picks up where the first one left off, and now she is the one who's lending her husband strength.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Nice idea for a thread! This scene works with many songs. This just happens to be the most upbeat I can find this evening. IMO, the original beat poet style in the movie doesn't mesh with her enthusiastic dancing, but these youtube remixes do. I could watch Audrey dance all day long, regardless.

[youtube][/youtube]
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Since television is included, here are a couple I like, which you may not have seen (I did not create either of them):

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

Lomm wrote:Nice idea for a thread! This scene works with many songs. This just happens to be the most upbeat I can find this evening. IMO, the original beat poet style in the movie doesn't mesh with her enthusiastic dancing, but these youtube remixes do. I could watch Audrey dance all day long, regardless.

[youtube][/youtube]
Very nice! It makes you smile, doesn't it? And, thanks to your sharing the link, it led me to find another video I really like:
[youtube][/youtube]
Professional Tourist wrote:Since television is included, here are a couple I like, which you may not have seen (I did not create either of them):

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Thank you! You're right, I hadn't seen either before. I love that Endora "stars" in the first one, that's another thing I like about these videos, you can choose to focus on whatever character you want to showcase.
Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

On the subject of tv, I haven't seen much Get Smart or Combat!, but these two videos were really well done...

[youtube][/youtube]

To me, Lt. Hanley is a much more appealing character than Saunders, so I particularly like that he has the chance to feature in a video of his own.

[youtube][/youtube]

This one is a really nice tribute for Slim Sherman of Laramie, played by John Smith (sigh.)
[youtube][/youtube]

This is one where I'd probably never listen to the song on it's own, but matched with the video clips, it's remarkably clever:
[youtube][/youtube]
Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

This is my very latest music video:

[youtube][/youtube]
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Masha wrote:
It is of "Moses Supposes" routine in: Singin' in the Rain (1952)
Which reminds me -

Our gentile granddaughters attend a Jewish pre-school. Earlier this school year, our daughter was talking to granddaughter Naomi's teacher who said, "Last week we were learning about Moses. Naomi wanted to know if Moses is the same person who supposes."

Daughter and Grandpa are both proud. A classic film fan in the making.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles