Actor Harrison Ford recovering from plane crash

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Lzcutter
Administrator

Actor Harrison Ford recovering from plane crash

Post by Lzcutter »

Actor and avid pilot Harrison Ford is recovering from injuries suffered when he landed his vintage WWII plane on the Penmar golf course in Santa Monica yesterday afternoon. Shortly after taking off from the Santa Monica airport, Ford radioed the tower that he had lost an engine and was returning to the airport.

Once he realized he couldn't make it back to the airport in time, Ford had to decide quickly whether to land on the freeway or the golf course. He chose the golf course. It was a bumpy landing due to clipping a couple of trees but doctors who were on the greens responded to the crash until other medical personnel arrived.

Ford is expected to make a full recovery.

From the Hollywood Reporter:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/r ... A00_nstone
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Lomm
Administrator

Re: Actor Harrison Ford recovering from plane crash

Post by Lomm »

I saw the headline just after it happened and panicked. Couldn't take losing Spock and Han Solo within a week of each other. :( I'm glad he's going to be ok.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I just can't believe it and I glad he's okay and expecting to make a full recovery here. I was stunned by this news of today!
Masha

Post by Masha »

I feel that it is wonderful that he had no serious injury.

There is now plethora of photoshopped images on Internet now of him dressed as Han Solo sitting in airplane or other references to him or other Star Wars characters as being involved in crash. There are many takes also of scene from one of his movies in which he is in airplane and is telling other that he knows well how to fly but not how to land.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

"I'm sorry son; they got us." :)
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

This news concerned me too. But I was disappointed by the time devoted to it by cable news channels. The Middle East is awash with violence. Ukraine a ticking time bomb. And all we hear about is an actor with non-life threatening injuries?