Femme Fatales & Bad Girls

Rita Hayworth

Re: Femme Fatales & Bad Girls

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I don't consider Rita Hayworth as a Femme Fatales nor Bad Girls ... I know that she did 3 Film Noirs in her lifetime (Gilda 1946, Lady From Shanghai 1947, and Affair in Trinidad in 1947) ... her greatest role is Gilda ... her greatest film noir is Shanghai ... and Trinidad was okay ... but marginal at best. The only bad girl act she did was The Lady From Shanghai ... and that alone was the only one that I can think of.

I also think that Rita Hayworth should not be involved in this discussion because I consider her to be an entertainer ... because most of her work was Musicals, Drama, and Romance. She is more all around than a Femme Fatales and/or Bad GIrls ... I read this post two times while in Vancouver and ... I for one, felt that feel that way. She even did Western, Epics, and Anthology too. To me, she is quite versatile ... and if she only can sing ... she would been a better performer.

I even went to a film seminar in Los Angeles and they classified her as an all around actress that can dance, act, do pretty much any film genre you can possibly think of ... and because of that she is first and foremost an entertainer in my book.

I'll be back on Monday ... and resume posting on Tuesday.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Quoting from Myself

The only bad girl act she did was The Lady From Shanghai ... and that alone was the only one that I can think of.

There is one other ... my bad (before I shut eye for the night) ... Is "Blood and Sand" of where she played Seductress Dona Sol seducing Tyrone Powers who play Juan ... the Bullfighter. All others that you might think of ... in my book are pretty tame in my opinion.

One More Thing:
As a Femme Fatale: I would not rate Rita Hayworth very high on that list.
As a Bad Girl: She had one memorable role as Mrs. Bannister in The Lady From Shanghai ... and Dona Sol from Blood and Sand ... all other you can think of ... have a small and significant role as a Bad Girl ... but I consider it secondary ... So, I would rate slightly below the middle of the pack. In regards of small and significant role ... is another part of her character ... secondary of course.

I feel bad not including this in my 1st post on this thread.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

( Foto courtesy of Mongo II - 3/25/2010 )

Hear AUDREY TOTTER speak on her career in her radio interview by clicking on her photo.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com