THE TWISTED CORRIDOR (1982)

Dewey1960

THE TWISTED CORRIDOR (1982)

Post by Dewey1960 »

So here comes my second movie: THE TWISTED CORRIDOR, completed in 1982. I'd been
reading a lot of Woolrich at the time and perhaps it shows.
[youtube][/youtube]
Mr. Arkadin

Re: THE TWISTED CORRIDOR (1982)

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I think this is perhaps my favorite of your work Mr. D. Dreamlike and violent, it's an amazing nightmare on celluloid.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

I'm with Mr. Ark. My favorite. And the one-sheet of NIGHTFALL in the background is the perfect touch.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Hey Dewey...I chuckled at the movie marquees. And I liked your use of the camera...loved that you had so many locations (and those night shots...especially in black & white). A hallmark of a good movie, for me, is..."what's-going-to-happen-next?!" And it kept me interested in seeing what was going to happen. I have a coupla questions: WHY did this all happen? Is it just his imagination. WHO was the man?

Sometimes we scare ourselves. Thanxx for sharing. Definitely interested in seeing more.= of your work.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Thank you Ark and ChiO; this one is near and dear to me, mainly because there were
so many problems that cropped up on a daily basis. It was also a very challenging time
for me personally, with more distractions than were really needed at the time. And
thank you too, Maven! Compared to the first film, this was like trying to make BEN
HUR. More actors, more locations, more everything. But what's it all about? Probably
something to do with the incredible number of noir films I was watching at the time
and pulpy noir paperbacks I was reading. I've always enjoyed psychological mysteries
and supernatural noirsihness, like Twilight Zone and Outer Limits. There were a
couple of connecting scenes I had to cut out in order to make it more watchable which
tends to murk things up, but the intention was to provide no real answers and leave
the whole matter unresolved. Thanks for tuning in. I'm about to post the final two
shorts, which were part of the same project.
Lucky Vassall

Post by Lucky Vassall »

Beautifully done! You had my skin crawling even before that final l o n g climb up the stairs. Thanks for sharing it with us, and I'm looking forward to the others, even if I won't sleep tonight -- unlike your hero!
[size=85]AVATAR: Billy DeWolfe as Mrs. Murgatroid, “Blue Skies” (1946)

[b]“My ancestors came over on the Mayflower.”
“You’re lucky. Now they have immigration laws."[/b]
[i]Mae West, The Heat’s On” (1943[/i])

[b]:–)—[/b]
Pinoc-U-no(se)[/size]