Jan Sterling

sterling

Jan Sterling

Post by sterling »

Here a pic of Jan Sterling, as I'm a new member, having met this actress in London several times over years, and happy to share
with other movie lovers, film noir, and every kind of.

I'm Georges Tritter, from Alsace, in the East of France

Below: Georges Tritter and Jan Sterling, 1990s

Below: The gown worn by Jan Sterling at this event:

Georges Tritter and Jane Russell at the same event as above
JackFavell

Re: Jan Sterling

Post by JackFavell »

Nice to meet you Georges! Any friend or fan of Jan Sterling is a friend of mine! I hope you will share your reminiscences with us here.

Glad to see Jan Sterling get her own thread. What a wonderful actress she was, I always have my eye out for her in films, because she is so distinctive and creates characters that feel real. I very much like her husband Paul Douglas as well. She was an actress more than a starlet, and this comes through even in her very diverse photos. I hope you won't mind if I post some of her here while you are getting the hang of the website?

Wendy aka Jack Favell

Image[/url]

sterling

Post by sterling »

Hello

thanks for these good pics, and no, I don't mind...I'm so glad to share about Jan, who was such a wonderful woman in real, as well.I was very sad when she died.
I'm looking to do things here , I hope I'll can provide some interest.Jan told me more about Hollywood than I ever could learn!!! :-)

to soon, Georges
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I am sure you'll be contributing some great memories and photos, Sterling. Let us know if you need any help.

I would love to know how you met Ms. Sterling?
Vienna

Post by Vienna »

Welcome to the Oasis.
I know Jan Sterling lived in London with Sam Wanamaker.
Jan gave many good performances .
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

WELCOME TO THE OASIS, STIRLING...

ImageImageImageImageImage

Count me in as a fan of JAN STERLING. She sort of sounded the way Judy Holliday did in "Born Yesterday" when she appeared in "CAGED." I also enjoyed her performances in "Female On the Beach" "Slaughter on 10th Avenue" and "Ace in the Hole."

...And how could I leave out her role in “Johnny Belinda.” She made a place for herself in movies, but was hard to pidgeonhole.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

My favorite role of hers was as the passenger in the High and The Mighty, as a woman of dubious past on her way to meet a fellow she has been corresponding with. When she takes all the heavy makeup off her face, to let him see just how hard she has lived, it stops me in my tracks.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

sterling wrote:Here a pic of Jan Sterling, as I'm a new member, having met this actress in London several times over years, and happy to share
with other movie lovers, film noir, and every kind of.
I'm Georges Tritter, from Alsace, in the East of France

actually, I can't insert a pic, may be with a next post
Hi, Georges--Welcome and please check your private messages here. I am trying to help!
Cheers,
Moira

Please see the first post in this thread to view the images that Georges wanted to share with us.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
sterling

Post by sterling »

Thanks Moira for helping on Jan Sterling's page, so I hope some people will have pleasure with. Of course, Jan Sterling will stay in memories for FILM NOIR, but she was quite excellent in comedies and dramas, like Rhubarb, The Mating Season, Sky full of Moon, and two of her latest motion pictures, The Incident,1968, a noir drama about subway terror,and First Monday in October,1981, where she was cast as Walter Matthau's bored wife who leaves him in her sixties.Great scenes in this movie where she gives a strong performance. She told me she liked this role (as her last on screen), and was pleased to see Matthau again, 25years after Slaughter on tenth avenue, a good thriller,with Richard Egan, as well.Ten years ago,in January, Jan made her last public appearance,for an evening organized by pal Mamie Van Doren.
Georges
sterling

Post by sterling »

Thanks Moira for helping on Jan Sterling's page, so I hope some people will have pleasure with. Of course, Jan Sterling will stay in memories for FILM NOIR, but she was quite excellent in comedies and dramas, like Rhubarb, The Mating Season, Sky full of Moon, and two of her latest motion pictures, The Incident,1968, a noir drama about subway terror,and First Monday in October,1981, where she was cast as Walter Matthau's bored wife who leaves him in her sixties.Great scenes in this movie where she gives a strong performance. She told me she liked this role (as her last on screen), and was pleased to see Matthau again, 25years after Slaughter on tenth avenue, a good thriller,with Richard Egan, as well.Ten years ago,in January, Jan made her last public appearance,for an evening organized by pal Mamie Van Doren.
Georges