An old Scottish movie Bill Travers

Isn't Romantic Comedy redundant?
stuart.uk

An old Scottish movie Bill Travers

Post by stuart.uk »

I think it was Chris who enjoyed the Scottish set movie Geordie with Bill Travers. Well I thought he and others might like Travers in The Bridal Path with Travers. Though born in England Bill Travers often played Scots, even in the western Dual At Diablo and Ring Of Bright Water was set in the Scottish countryside

JackFavell

Re: An old Scottish movie Bill Travers

Post by JackFavell »

Ring of Bright Water....sniffle.

I love Scottish movies, my favorite is Comfort and Joy with the wonderful actor Bill Paterson.

[youtube][/youtube]
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Travers in this movie for some reason reminded me of John Wayne in The Quiet Man, possible because both mmen were big in stature
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

There's something about the way it's filmed that is very reminiscent of that movie... long long long shots, and lots of wind blowing in the grasses, a really natural, beautiful setting... and the clouds moving in. Just watching Travers work is a joy, the same way with Wayne.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Bill Travers had many family connections in film. His sister was Linden Travers, who was on the train in The Lady Vanishes. His niece, Susan Travers, played The Snake Woman. And of course Bill Travers was married to Virginia McKenna.

Linden Travers with Cecil Parker in The Lady Vanishes (1935)

Susan Travers in The Snake Woman (1961)

Bill Travers, Virginia McKenna, and Margaret Rutherford in The Smallest Show on Earth (1957)