,The Best Character Actors?

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Libertine

Re: ,The Best Character Actors?

Post by Libertine »

JackFavell wrote:Nice list, Libertine! I like that you put Orson and Bette on it, who both played leads, but in a very character oriented way.
Haha, well, I did that on purpose, because, not always a character- is a supporting actor... though most of the times it's that way, isn't it? :wink: Usually the supporting actors are the better ones, which just proves that looks and the special "something" are more important than talent in the film-business... :roll:
[color=#400080][i]Perhaps I am mad. How should I know? I think I am normal.[/i]
~Tallulah Bankhead[/color]

I made myself a signature, but found out I can not use it.... world is cruel. :(
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/leaudlunique/avatars%20and%20banners/tallulah.png
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Too true.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm rewatching My Man Godfrey, and loving every line out of Eugene Pallette's mouth. He's such a distinctive actor; that voice! I love catching his appearances. Definitely fits this category, in the upper echelon.
Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

Lomm wrote:As I mentioned in another thread, I'm rewatching My Man Godfrey, and loving every line out of Eugene Pallette's mouth. He's such a distinctive actor; that voice!

Rather like a belligerent bullfrog, isn't it? I first saw him in Robin Hood and Mark of Zorro, but he's so much fun in whatever he's in.

And I have to smile every time I watch that scene in Mark of Zorro where Linda Darnell tells Tyrone Power that Eugene Pallette has been arrested: "they say he is Zorro and they're going to hang him." Ummm, Zorro may wear a mask, but there is NO WAY that anyone, much less someone as sharp as Basil Rathbone, would think that Eugene and Tyrone could be the same person.
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaricatrinsMusicVideos