RITA HAYWORTH - The Love Goddess

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Rita Hayworth

Re: RITA HAYWORTH - The Love Goddess

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Dear Administrators

I'm starting a new thread in 2-3 weeks from now and I'm no longer will be using Photobucket anymore because it's so unreliable for me and I'm having too many issues with it.

Please delete my Potpourri thread and put this thread on the back-burner for now!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Day After Thanksgiving

I'm deleting all my Rita Hayworth Pictures off of Photobucket Account and close out my affair with Photobucket for good! ... I have too many folders and it's getting way out of hand here. I'm no longer interested in PHOTO HOSTING WEB SITES anymore!
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Since this thread will be almost entirely broken images at that point, Erik, it's probably best to delete it after that, OK? You can always make a new one if/when you want to!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Lomm wrote:Since this thread will be almost entirely broken images at that point, Erik, it's probably best to delete it after that, OK? You can always make a new one if/when you want to!

I'm deleting everything by Halloween!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Deletion of Photobucket Account

Halloween, October 31st.

Bandwidth, close to 100%

Lomm, go ahead and delete this thread and my Potpourri one anytime after Halloween, Thanks!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT IS NOW DELETED

Got an e-mail advising me to upgrade my account to allow unlimited bandwidth and having said that - they don't allow checks and money orders at all. Of which, makes me mad - having said that and my endless trying out 10-15 additional image hosting web-sites and none of them meets my requirements at all.

Looks like - I'm might have to go back to ATTACHMENTS after this thread is deleted by LOMM.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Please go easy on us with attachments, Erik. I would recommend using imgur, which is free, instead. Attachments take up a lot of space, of which we only have a finite amount (without having to pay for more space, which no one wants to do!)

I will not delete this thread until Monday, in hopes you see this.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Lomm wrote:Please go easy on us with attachments, Erik. I would recommend using imgur, which is free, instead. Attachments take up a lot of space, of which we only have a finite amount (without having to pay for more space, which no one wants to do!)

I will not delete this thread until Monday, in hopes you see this.

I understand that Lomm, and having said that ... I do not care for Imgur at all because I have over 2,500 to 3,000 photos to manage and I dislike Imgur as a Photo Hosting Web Site. I even tried out another five today and so far they don't meet my standards at all. Having said that, I've decided to sell the reminding photos for good and keep a selected few for my own enjoyment.

Please delete this thread and my Potpourri thread at the same time ... Sorry Everyone! ... I've looked over 30 Image Hosting Web Sites in the past 4-5 days and none of them meets my requirements.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Erik, we just don't have the space for that many pictures. I hope that you find a solution for when the time may come that you want to share with us again. I will delete the thread tomorrow or Sunday.
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Erik, if you have a Yahoo or Google account, they both have good online image hosting solutions. Google gives up to 15GB storage space for free while Yahoo gives up to 1TB for free. Google's image hosting is called Picasaweb (also Google Photos) and Yahoo's is Flickr. I use them both. Both let you organize your photos into albums and add captions, tags, and other data about the images. And they maintain the original aspects of your images, without compressing or otherwise altering them (although with Google you have to change the default preferences so that they won't compress your uploads). They both have privacy settings too, so you can choose how you want to share your images (or not at all). The one caveat about Flickr is that they change the file names, but retain the original file name info as a default caption.

For yourself I would recommend Flickr since they give so much storage space for free. All you would need is a (free) Yahoo account to start using Flickr.

[Note that a Yahoo account does not need to include a Yahoo email account, just as a Google account does not need to include a Gmail account, if you don't need/want those services. You have the option to associate other email addresses that you already have with those accounts.]
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Professional Tourist wrote:Erik, if you have a Yahoo or Google account, they both have good online image hosting solutions. Google gives up to 15GB storage space for free while Yahoo gives up to 1TB for free. Google's image hosting is called Picasaweb (also Google Photos) and Yahoo's is Flickr. I use them both. Both let you organize your photos into albums and add captions, tags, and other data about the images. And they maintain the original aspects of your images, without compressing or otherwise altering them (although with Google you have to change the default preferences so that they won't compress your uploads). They both have privacy settings too, so you can choose how you want to share your images (or not at all). The one caveat about Flickr is that they change the file names, but retain the original file name info as a default caption.

For yourself I would recommend Flickr since they give so much storage space for free. All you would need is a (free) Yahoo account to start using Flickr.

[Note that a Yahoo account does not need to include a Yahoo email account, just as a Google account does not need to include a Gmail account, if you don't need/want those services. You have the option to associate other email addresses that you already have with those accounts.]

Google Photos and anything related to Google doesn't work for me and to Flickr - I ran into some trouble over there and therefore they kicked me out permanently because of copyright issues of my Rita's photos. So your ideas are indeed great -but not practical for my needs.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

IMGUR

I have been playing around with this site for some time and I have to limit the size of my galleries to 150-200 photos each. What I'm going to do and it's may takes me time to do it - I could manage to use IMGUR for my needs. I have to rethink it a bit more and I could make it happen here - So, I will do a Rita Hayworth Christmas Special using IMGUR and I could make a gallery of 150-200 photos for that Special starting around December 1st.

I'm going to try to get around 3,000 photos over there of which 15-25 galleries will have to suffice.

There is hope ... because they do away with PRO (Paid) Membership that offers unlimited bandwidth and now they offering for FREE.

http://petapixel.com/2015/02/10/imgur-a ... o-storage/
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

So, delete this thread or no? It looks like the first several pages are all attachments so not going anywhere even if you delete your Photobucket account. I don't know how far into the thread it is before that changes. So what would you like me to do?
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Lomm wrote:So, delete this thread or no? It looks like the first several pages are all attachments so not going anywhere even if you delete your Photobucket account. I don't know how far into the thread it is before that changes. So what would you like me to do?

Lomm,

Please keep this thread and please delete my POTPOURRI thread instead. It's all from Photobucket and I decided not to pursue it anymore because of that. I don't want to make it any harder for you ... can you delete all the pages that has my deleted PHOTOBUCKET pictures so that it's might clear some space for you?
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

The potpourri thread is gone. As for the pages that had photobucket pictures, those don't really take up much space. It's the attached pictures that take up space. I think I will leave them even if they are full of broken links, because I don't want to go through 400+ pages and delete posts! :)