Thunder Rock

mrsl

Thunder Rock

Post by mrsl »

Does anybody have any comments on this movie? I want to hear other peoples ideas before I give mine, because I'm not sure of something.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Jezebel38

Post by Jezebel38 »

I found Thunder Rock to be very uneven; I was interested in watching the early scenes with Redgrave and Mason, even though these scenes still did not hook me on the story; found the middle pretty ponderous, with MR becoming increasingly disillusioned with the pacifist attitude of his countrymen - maybe a little too political for me. I almost turned it off at this point, but I stuck with it, and found it more engaging when they started going into the backstory of the immigrants and why they left their homes. But I was expecting it to be more of a ghost story, along the lines of Outward Bound, and when it was revealed that these characters were all imagined in the protagonist's mind, it just became too muddled for me.
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

I suspect my agreement with "uneven" may be tied more to my viewing it in these modern political times. I too wandered off in the great middle morass, but I rather enjoyed the tight confines of the tale. I wonder what a stage production of this would be like, with maybe a backdrop set of a movie screen showing all the flashbacks and war footage.