Classic Robert Donat film, not well known in U.S

stuart.uk

Classic Robert Donat film, not well known in U.S

Post by stuart.uk »

Here's a full film The Magic Box starring Robert Donat, where he plays a film inventor. There is a huge cast which includes one of the great cameos from Larry Olivier

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I love The Magic Box, Stuart! it's got a cast to die for, and Donat is even better than usual, which is saying a LOT. He captures the darker side of the character without us losing affection for him. Maria Schell is also quite good. One really feels for her here.
stuart.uk

Re: Classic Robert Donat film, not well known in U.S

Post by stuart.uk »

Wendy

The one thing I wonder about is the disappearence of Willie Green's daughter halfway through the film. I know little was seen of her character. There was the birth, then later on as a young woman she went to church with her mum. I just thought, even though she may well have been married by then, that she could have been seen as part of his 2nd family, being the step daughter of Margaret Johnson and a half sibling to her brothers
JackFavell

Re: Classic Robert Donat film, not well known in U.S

Post by JackFavell »

I never thought of that! I'll have to re-watch and see what happens to her. I always get so sidetracked by spotting stars, I lose track of the story.