Run Wild Run Free

stuart.uk

Run Wild Run Free

Post by stuart.uk »

Spolier Alert

I hope nobody minds me posting links of not so well known British movies

This one Run Wild Run Free is a little gem with a great cast. It may even be Mark Lester's best film as a child star. Here he plays a lonely child befriended by John Mills and a whie horse. His parents are played by Gordon Jackson and Sylvia Syms

I find myself ccomparing the end of the film to the Mills/Syms war time classic Ice Cold In Alex. In ICIA Mills, Syms, Anthony Quayle and Harry Andrews push an ambulance backwards up a sandy slope, here Mills and Syms get in a swamp and pull out a trapped horse

[youtube][/youtube]
JackFavell

Re: Run Wild Run Free

Post by JackFavell »

I really loved Run Wild Run Free which I saw on TV a few years after going to see Oliver with my mom. I even wrote to Mark Lester and he wrote me the most lovely letter back, which I was too shy to respond back to.

It's a very good movie, a bit brooding with that lovely rainy country setting. I've never seen Ice Cold in Alex so I can't compare, but I am happy to revisit this movie, which floats under the radar for most people.
stuart.uk

Re: Run Wild Run Free

Post by stuart.uk »

Wendy

Here's the scene from Ice Cold In Alex that reminds me of RWRF, plus the end of the film