Ace in the Hole (aka - The Big Carnival )

JackFavell

Re: Ace in the Hole (aka - The Big Carnival )

Post by JackFavell »

Now the Vikings looks like a riot....is the rest of it as campy as that part looks?

I have never had the uh....pleasure of watching it.

Please don't tell me I am now going to have top watch both Spartacus AND the Vikings. I'll pick the one that looks more ridiculous..... hmmmmm.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Rather than hijack Ken's thread, I'll start another thread on The Vikings in the Action and Adventure section, okay?

Ken, I agree about Jan Sterling's wife character, but she has her reasons for being a cold one. Those nylons that bag, for one thing. Eating dust morning, noon, and night, for another.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
ken123

Post by ken123 »

moirafinnie wrote:Rather than hijack Ken's thread, I'll start another thread on The Vikings in the Action and Adventure section, okay.

Ken, I agree about Jan Sterling's wife character, but she has her reasons for being a cold one. Those nylons that bag, for one thing. Eating dust morning, noon, and night, for another.
To bad pantyhose wasnt around then. :cry:
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

ken123 wrote:
moirafinnie wrote:Rather than hijack Ken's thread, I'll start another thread on The Vikings in the Action and Adventure section, okay.

Trust me, Ken. They bag too.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
ken123

Post by ken123 »

moirafinnie wrote:
ken123 wrote:

Trust me, Ken. They bag too.
Maybe I should buy a pair in order to find out ! 8)
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I have no idea who Timothy Carey is but if he made Kirk Douglas go nuts, I'm not sure I would want to know who he is. I have to agree that until Kirk got his big head, his early films were quite good. That, however, is why he started getting the good roles, unfortunately, it all went to his head. He started over emoting, (I swear William Shatner must have used Kirk as a model). In later years, he couldn't just get angry, he got furious with bared teeth and all. If he could have toned that down a little, my interest in him might have been greater.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************