This week on SVENGOOLIE...

RedRiver

Re: This week on SVENGOOLIE...

Post by RedRiver »

Drac's Daughter! Draculette! I'm glad I watched it again. This one gets it all right.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

RedRiver wrote:Drac's Daughter! Draculette! I'm glad I watched it again. This one gets it all right.
I just watched this movie off of my DVR and this one is a keeper!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

It's interesting that it doesn't get much attention. Are we misogynistic toward our vampires?
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

"House of Frank" this week. Not much I can say that hasn't been said before. Welcome to Frank's House!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I hope somebody enjoyed IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE last night. I didn't watch it, but it's a fun, slightly poetic, alien invasion thriller. A cast of second level players carries admirably a Bradbury story filmed by the quirky Jack Arnold. Fun!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

RedRiver wrote:I hope somebody enjoyed IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE last night. I didn't watch it, but it's a fun, slightly poetic, alien invasion thriller. A cast of second level players carries admirably a Bradbury story filmed by the quirky Jack Arnold. Fun!
I wanted to ... but I was too darn tired so I wished I recorded off my DVR instead. It's one of my favorites and Jack Arnold made it a FUN adventure too.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

This Week SVENGOOLIE is showing a UK Classic

Starring Peter Cushing, Directed by Terence Fisher, and Produced by Tom Blakeley. This is quite good and I'm looking forward seeing i this Saturday ... You can't go wrong with a film starring Cushing and directed by Fisher here.

[youtube][/youtube]

Trailer of this Movie ... 1966 Horror Classic.
Lucky Vassall

Post by Lucky Vassall »

Thanks for the tip, Eric. I almost passed on this because I didn't recognize the title. Now that I've seen the preview clip, I'll definitely watch it. The British do wacky so much better than we do!
[size=85]AVATAR: Billy DeWolfe as Mrs. Murgatroid, “Blue Skies” (1946)

[b]“My ancestors came over on the Mayflower.”
“You’re lucky. Now they have immigration laws."[/b]
[i]Mae West, The Heat’s On” (1943[/i])

[b]:–)—[/b]
Pinoc-U-no(se)[/size]
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Wow! I don't recall this one either. I saw quite a few Cushing/Lee combos as a child. Probably not as many as residents of UK. (Not University of Kentucky!)
Brian McFadden

Post by Brian McFadden »

This was a well-done movie that provided plenty of scares, thanks to an excellent cast and a fine director. Terrence Fisher, who directed most of the best early Hammer horror films, was at the helm. Hammer star Peter Cushing gives a convincing performance and many of the other actors are veterans of horror films at both Hammer and Amicus. Richard Gordon produced the movie, one of several genre films he'd made going back to 1958's The Haunted Strangler.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I watched only the second half, and enjoyed it. There was a Billy Wilder movie on another channel! You can't go wrong with Peter Cushing and tentacled monsters! Hopefully, I'll see the whole thing someday, and form a more informed opinion.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Brian McFadden wrote:This was a well-done movie that provided plenty of scares, thanks to an excellent cast and a fine director. Terrence Fisher, who directed most of the best early Hammer horror films, was at the helm. Hammer star Peter Cushing gives a convincing performance and many of the other actors are veterans of horror films at both Hammer and Amicus. Richard Gordon produced the movie, one of several genre films he'd made going back to 1958's The Haunted Strangler.

Well Written Brian ...

Lucky Vassall wrote:Thanks for the tip, Eric. I almost passed on this because I didn't recognize the title. Now that I've seen the preview clip, I'll definitely watch it. The British do wacky so much better than we do!

I hope you do Lucky ...

RedRiver wrote:I watched only the second half, and enjoyed it. There was a Billy Wilder movie on another channel! You can't go wrong with Peter Cushing and tentacled monsters! Hopefully, I'll see the whole thing someday, and form a more informed opinion.

I'm very happy that you liked it Red River!

It was a gem on Cushing part and I thoroughly enjoyed the suspense, the horror, and great tentacled monsters, and it's was directed just perfectly by Fisher. I just finished watching it off of my DVR because I was gone most of the weekend with some additional Rita Hayworth's pictures that needed to be picked up in Portland Oregon. This is one of the better horror movies that came out in the 60's and loved every minute of it. :)
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

You traveled to Portland for Rita pictures? From where?
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

RedRiver wrote:You traveled to Portland for Rita pictures? From where?

I was meeting my Agent who lived in Portland, Oregon from Seattle (Emerald City, it's nickname) to go over a bunch a pictures that he gotten for me and I wanted to separate the ones that I want and the ones that I don't want. You will see them after I finish doing the "Loves of Carmen".

I gotten over 68 pictures so far ...
Lucky Vassall

Post by Lucky Vassall »

Really enjoyed it. Those monsters were a hoot. At first, I kept expecting Peter Cushing to turn out to be the mad scientist. Nice to see him playing "straight." I'd say he was a really fine actor, but what British actor isn't?
[size=85]AVATAR: Billy DeWolfe as Mrs. Murgatroid, “Blue Skies” (1946)

[b]“My ancestors came over on the Mayflower.”
“You’re lucky. Now they have immigration laws."[/b]
[i]Mae West, The Heat’s On” (1943[/i])

[b]:–)—[/b]
Pinoc-U-no(se)[/size]