Eureka and Warehouse 13

mrsl

Re: Eureka and Warehouse 13

Post by mrsl »

Eureka:

Looks like we brought some of 1947 back with us. I like some of the changes, but dislike others. I'm happy about Allisons' son who reappeared this season. But I'm unhappy about the redhead returning, poor Carter, dilemna after dilemna for him, and also poor Jo, I kind of want to cry because she was soooo happy. I think having a female in his life again will be good for Henry, but what kind of havoc is this scientist from 1947 going to bring? And HOLEY MOLEY - Fargo as the head of Global Dynamics :roll: :roll: :roll: -- Heaven help Eureka :!:

Warehouse 13:

So apparently we are going to have H.G. Wells showing up now and then - well, we'll see.

Haven:

Has anyone seen this one? By mistake I recorded this one last week, then watched it yesterday to see what it was all about, and couldn't wait for the episode that was on last night. This one might just work. A normal police department working in a town that has occasional paranormal activity. I'll watch this one for a couple of weeks to see how the writing fares.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

I think the plot device of having the the principals time travel back to a slightly altered Eureka is a clever and workable one. This is one of the main challenges of a recurring drama, especially a sequential one: how to keep things interesting and developing. The usual solution is to have the characters keep changing romantic partners on barely credible motivations, but the Eureka situation makes things far more interesting, since the changes are credible, but not voluntary or able to be revealed on the part of the characters. And say, is there any other actor on TV these days who is more adept at looking perplexed than Colin Ferguson?

I'm not keeping up with the other two, Anne. They are too similar to Eureka, and IMO not as good. Maybe I'll catch them in re-runs. However, I am thinking of investing in the science-fiction made for TV movie industry of Canada. It's certainly humming.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Looks like a fun night for Eureka tonight. It seems the writers have worked Warehouse 13 into tonights' Eureka which should give us some interesting possibilities.

I've watched Haven now for two more weeks, and it is not bad. It's not great TV but better than most. Strange things happen in this town and this girl, who is looking for a link to her mother, gets involved in the story with a young fellow who doesn't feel pain of any kind. Last week it had to do with food spoiling badly by the barrel and making people sick, and die in some cases. It all revolves around one thing which is eventually discovered, and apparently that will be the primary tone of the show.
Anne

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Over the weekend I waved a fond farewell to the inhabitants of the town of Eureka. I'll miss them. For a few years I knew I would get a few good, hearty, clean laughs every week. As with every weekly program it wasn't completely to my liking all the time, but on the whole, it was a good, fun show to watch, especially on a downer day.

Last season didn't keep me all that enthralled with Warehouse 13, so we'll see what happens this year.

I still miss Haven. That was a good show with a lot of quirky characters that might have gathered a following if the Syfy channel had given it a little bigger chance with a little more advance advertising, but once again, the powers that be screw up. I fail to understand how they make their decisions about canceling. I don't think it's so much an age factor (as I believe it was in the case of Harry's Law), Of course there is always the chance of the star wanting to either move on or get more money, or in a case of a lead female, I think that was why In Plain Sight was cancelled -- pregnancy and new baby woes. I guess we're just at the mercy of the suits that make those sometimes stupid decisions.
Anne

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Warehouse 13 returned about a month ago to the Syfy airwaves.

Last week, Syfy announced that the show will air out its run and call it a day.

I think it is the last of the second wave of original programming that Syfy has called it quits on.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I miss Eureka a little but I have no great regrets about the demise of Warehouse 13. I thoroughly enjoyed it in the beginning but last year it kind of lagged for me. I didn't like the addition of the female H.G. Wells or the depiction of her as a bad guy. Wells wrote some great sci-fi and I resent the darkening of his name.
Anne