Billy Connelly was nearly Doctor Who

stuart.uk

Billy Connelly was nearly Doctor Who

Post by stuart.uk »

It's just come to light that Mrs. Brown star Billy Connelly was seriously considered for Doctor Who in the mid 90s, just before Paul McCann did a one off tv movie. Billy never knew his name was up for the role, but has recently admitted he would have jumped at the chance to play the Time Lord. Like a lot of others I think Billy would have been great in the role.

P.S Billy's 61-yr-old wife Pamela Stephenson is causing a sensation with her dancing skills on UKs Strictly Come Dancing, our version of Dancing With The Stars
klondike

Re: Billy Connelly was nearly Doctor Who

Post by klondike »

Billy would've been five kinds of a hoot as Who, but I do fear he would also have F-bombed every third sentence out his lurid Gaelic maw! :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Well he wouldn't have been allowed to swear as Doctor Who. He mananged to get through Mrs. Brown without F and Blinding Lol

Interestingly enough Connelly is quite a good dancer, particulary with the Jive. He holds a lot of Scottish dances in his Castle and wife Pamela hopes her current appearences on Strictly Come Dancing will make her able to keep up with him on the dance floor. Having seen her, I have to say Billy must be a great dancer, because at 61 she's an inspiration for the mature woman, performing brilliantly on the floor
klondike

Post by klondike »

stuart.uk wrote: Interestingly enough Connelly is quite a good dancer . .
He's no mean hand on the banjo, either, for a fact, though most folks who haven't actually heard him play keep on thinking that it's been of his stand-up routine . . :?
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I would have totally loved him as Dr. Who! Why DIDN'T they cast him? It seems a perfect fit.