The Night of the Lepus

mrsl

The Night of the Lepus

Post by mrsl »

I don't recall how we happened to get this movie to watch unless it was just on one of the cable channels but Mr. L, and three of my four kids were all there to see it. Right off the bat it struck us all as hilarious, from the semi documentary explanation of rabbits in Arizona, to the scientists who were trying to make a unisex bunny. Just the tight close-ups of regular sized rabbits, who were supposedly gigantic, and the little girl crying "I like bunnies Mommie" . then having nightmares from seeing them. My goofy son gets up off the floor and starts yelling, "Extra, Extra, Read all about it, Giant Bunnies attack Arizona mountains", remember, the movie is from the 50's where there is not a whole lot more in AZ yet. Finally, a line in the movie goes something like this "The killer rabbits are coming, yeah, they're coming" - we all went into hysterics at that one. I was afraid a neighbor would find us later in the week all passed out and gasping for breath.

I guess someone else might watch it without so much as a smile, but for some reason, we were all bitten by some funny bug that night and it turned out to be a fond memory for all of us.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
klondike

Re: The Night of the Lepus

Post by klondike »

mrsl wrote: remember, the movie is from the 50's where there is not a whole lot more in AZ yet.
The movie The Night of the Lepus was from 1972; and since achieving statehood in 1910, there's been lots to do & see in Arizona, including the 8th largest city in the United States - it was never supposed to look like Illinois.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Again, I have to apologize because for some reason, once before you could go into your favorites, or bookmarks and find imdB, then return to SSO by just backing up with the upper left corner backup arrow, but now, it goes to a whole new page and you have to re-type whatever you've done so far. I'm truly sorry, especially since I lived in AZ for about 2 years and loved it, but never really studied its' history, and I really did think the movie was older than 1972. I promise, from now on, I'll copy what I've typed so far when I have to go to imdB, to answer a question. I hope all of you Arizonians will forgive me, but then, I know first-hand how friendly and out-going all of you are.
Anne

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Anne, what version of your browser are you using? Most of the updated versions will allow you to have more than one site open at the same time. To do so, you go to "File", then click on "Open new tab". Your original site stays open, you can browse, then when you are done, either click on the 'x' at the top of that page(NOT the upper most x, or you'll close your whole browser) and you are back at your original site. Firefox (which is tons better than IE) has a second tab waiting for you, you just click on the '+' sign.

Hope this helps. And I always heard that this movie was supposed to be a farce..
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Thanks knitwit, I sincerely miss my Mozilla Firefox, but with this newer computer, I can't get it to work. I've done the install thing twice but after going off as it says to do, it's still not there when I return. Both of the computer geniuses that used to help me are now living elsewhere, so I'm between kind of a rock and a hard spot.
Anne

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Anne, you can still open a second tab in Internet explorer. Same rules I believe.