This week on SVENGOOLIE...

RedRiver

Re: This week on SVENGOOLIE...

Post by RedRiver »

I probably won't watch Frank tomorrow. That was on not too long ago. If any of you tune in, have a great time!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

RedRiver wrote:I probably won't watch Frank tomorrow. That was on not too long ago. If any of you tune in, have a great time!
I will RedRiver at my friend's place tonight ... and I will let everyone know that what my present thoughts on this movie starring Peter Cushing and Company.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

at my friend's place tonight

That sounds like fun! Popcorn, liquids, conversation during the commercials. Just like we did as kids! Is there a better way to spend a Saturday night?
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

RedRiver wrote:at my friend's place tonight

That sounds like fun! Popcorn, liquids, conversation during the commercials. Just like we did as kids! Is there a better way to spend a Saturday night?

Actually, we had Popcorn, Lemonade, and had a ball watching this movie The Evil of Frankenstein last night and many of my friends were stunned by the layout of the movie and enjoyed the antics of it. We talked about it and one thing that made this real is the performance of Katy Wild - She was very good and I never realize it until now.

Katy Wild

RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I wonder what Sven has in store for us this week! Anybody know?
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

RedRiver wrote:I wonder what Sven has in store for us this week! Anybody know?

It's the 1961 Movie THE CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF ... Starring Clifford Evans, Oliver Reed, and Yvonne Romain ... with Catherine Feller as Christa.

[youtube][/youtube]
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

That's an OK, if plodding, movie. But I won't be watching it again. I'll check out the PBS classic at 8:00!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

RedRiver wrote:That's an OK, if plodding, movie. But I won't be watching it again. I'll check out the PBS classic at 8:00!
RedRiver,

I did not watch it at all. I was too tired to be bothered with it.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Hammer horror is good. But I'm a Universal man! Those are the ones I can watch over and over.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

It looks like THE BRIDES OF DRACULA are back this weekend. I believe we saw this Hammer feature a few months ago, but I don't remember it all that well. I probably fell asleep! It's worth another look unless this week's PBS classic is too enticing. I'm afraid Svengoolie has competition on Saturday nights!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I will be having dinner shortly and guess what - tonight Entertainment is none other than SVENGOOLIE and I was surprised to see that some of my friends are SVENGOOLIE fans and we'll be watching THE BRIDES OF DRACULA tonight! ... Far out! - about 15-20 of us will be watching it on the 60 inch television set! ...
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Holy cow! I'm lucky if I've had 20 friends in my life. Let alone at one time! BRIDES OF DRACULA is a good one. I had forgotten how creepy and exciting it is. Love those ghoulish women! Didn't catch what's on next week.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

This Upcoming Flick: 1940 Film Invisible Woman

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

I'm waiting at an Airport Lobby waiting for my flight home to Seattle and I should be leaving in 40 minutes from now and should be home around 11pm Seattle Time today. Had a great trip with friends and we are planning on doing it again next year! ... Next Up, the wacky Invisible Woman and I just can't wait for it!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

INVISIBLE WOMAN RECAP

It's wasn't that enjoyable to watch - although it's had a great cast of stars and a had a cute ending of a movie - this segment on SVENGOOLIE wasn't all that cracked up to be. The editing done by SVENGOOLIE Staff was horrible and I felt that they spent way to much time with Mary Victoria Price - the daughter of late Vincent Price. Even so, it was entertaining to watch - the whole movie the Invisible Woman was marred by ill-timing interruptions and I felt it's did an terrible injustice to it.

Even so, I watched to the end of the movie and the last 30 minutes was painful for me to watch and therefore I wished that this movie was on TCM instead on Me-TV that night. I would love to see this movie paired (On TCM) up with the INVISIBLE MAN - Claude Rains masterpiece.

So, having said that ... it's wasn't all that cracked up to be. In one of many ill-advised interruptions - I did managed to catch next week movie and I have seen this a thousand of times - it the CREATURE OF THE BLACK LAGOON and I'm not planning on watching it that night.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

INVISIBLE WOMAN is not that good. Interesting for a look at the great John Barrymore, more than anything else. The real winners are the ones with Rains and Price. Those are Class A fantasies!