Went the Day Well?

MikeBSG

Went the Day Well?

Post by MikeBSG »

I just watched "Went the Day Well?" a WWII film from Ealing about a German paratroop unit that takes over a small English town prior to a German invasion.

Good movie, directed by Alberto Cavalcanti, most famous today for the "dummy" episode of the Ealing horror film "Dead of Night." The movie itself seemed like the inspiration for "The Eagle Has Landed."

Question: I mailed the film back to Netflix before it crossed my mind that after Nora, the daughter of the vicar, had shot the traitor, the movie never showed what happened to her in the battle for the manor house. Or perhaps I had missed what happened to her. Does anyone know what happened to Nora?
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Went the Day Well?

Post by movieman1957 »

People started talking about it after TCM had it at their festival. Another film I'd never heard about but with all the recommendations I got it from Netflix and really enjoyed it.

Three years later Nora finished out the movie fine. I loved her reaction when she was shooting the traitor. There was horror on her face but she wasn't going to let her revulsion at what she was doing get in the way of what she thought needed to be done. She was determined.

A fine film.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."