An Adventurous DVD

mrsl

An Adventurous DVD

Post by mrsl »

My pre-teen going on 30 grand daughter talked me into getting a "Family Collection" DVD a couple of weeks ago for when she comes over to spend the night. So I watched the 4 movies yesterday. Expecting grainy, murky conditions, I was elated to find newly re-done, lovely clear films showing the gorgeous mountainous regions of Oregon, and Canada. They're all just about 90 minutes long and seriously look like brand new prints:

Spirit of the Eagle: Starring Dan Haggerty as a widowed father with a young son and a beautiful trained Bald Eagle as Dan's friend. Being a mapmaker, Dan roams around making maps for travelers and explorers. The eagle keeps watch for him and lets him know if danger is near. Naturally they get into little skirmishes and have to get themselves out, but if only for the photography alone, this DVD is worth the $5.00.

Sign of the Otter:
This is a young Colonial boy captured by Iroquois and his dad goes after him with the aid of an Indian the boy and his mother have befriended. It takes time for trust to develop for dad but it finally does as the Indian uses various senses in conjunction with the animals and Mother Earth to find clues in the search. Haggerty again has a small part as a foolish Army Captain.

Spirit Bear: True story about a Canadien boy who fought city hall and won. Along the way he started an organization for young people to join because it is really about ecology, and our decisions as adults, are charting the course for our young people who have to live with what we do. I wonder if this movie could be what turned Ed Begley, Jr. on to green living. He was the first I heard about it from, when Jay Leno was giggling, and look what has happened. No soapbox, just happy he started the green thing going.

White Fang: We all know this one.

I don't consider these Westerns, I think of them more as adventures which is why I put it in this thread. So if you're in Walmart and have an extra $5.00 to spend, this makes for a pleasant afternoon. No oscars, but nice.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************