Great Leslie Howard UK film

stuart.uk

Great Leslie Howard UK film

Post by stuart.uk »

Sorry, this is something of an experiment for me. For months I've been unable on my P.C you tube videos onto the SSO software. However, I may have found another method. If it works, you'll be able to watch if you please Leslie Howard's last starring role in full The First Of The Few. You'll also get to see one of my favourite ever actress Rosamund John as Howard's wife. Here goes

[youtube][/youtube]
charliechaplinfan

Re: Great Leslie Howard UK film

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I've heard of The First of the Few, today is a busy day but I'll try to make time to watching over the next few days.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I think you're all set, Stuart. I just went into your post and highlighted the link you posted and then clicked on the youtube bar on the right hand side of your message box on the right on top of the posting area. It seems to be showing up fine. I haven't seen this movie in a long time, but was happy to see this reference to it. I remember reading that David Niven was bowled over by Howard's skill behind the camera in this movie as much as he was a mentor as an actor to the younger man, who said that Howard was "not what he seemed. He had the kind of distraught air that would make people want to mother him. Actually, he was about as naïve as General Motors. Busy little brain, always going."

I also love Pimpernel Smith (1941), which begins below. (I think it is much more fun than The Scarlet Pimpernel (1934) too.):
[youtube][/youtube]
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Moira

I think Pimpernel Smith is Howard's best film, better even than The Scarlett Pimpernel. The film makes the hair on the back of my neck curl