Below The Sea (1933)

Fossy

Below The Sea (1933)

Post by Fossy »

Below The Sea (1933)

In 1917 a German submarine is carrying $3000000.00 worth of gold bullion. They encounter a sailing ship which is flying the Norwegian flag. They realise that it is an American ship in disguise and surface to sink it with their deck gun. They succeed, but the sailing ship has a deck gun which sinks the German U-boat.

(The scenes for this are taken from the movie Suicide Fleet (1931), which is part of my Ginger Rogers collection)

The only survivors from the German U-boat are the captain and his Lieutenant. After the Lieutenant has drawn a treasure map he is killed by the Captain. Then follows the search for the treasure, including the rescue of Diana (Fay Wray) from the clutches of a giant octopus by Steve ( Ralph Bellamy)
. The German captain tries to cheat Steve and Lily (Esther Howard) of their share, but when the bullion laden chest is brought to the surface, the bottom falls out of it and the bullion is lost forever, buried in the mud at the bottom of the sea.

Steve has lost his million dollar share in the bullion, but who cares, he ends up with Diana, and she is a multi millionaire.
feaito

Re: Below The Sea (1933)

Post by feaito »

Where did you see this film Fossy? I'd like to see it...
Fossy

Post by Fossy »

It is in my Fay Wray collection.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Fay Wray really should stay away from large animals!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I just saw this one a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it, I liked seeing Ralph Bellamy in a tough guy role. He and Fay have nice chemistry.
feaito

Post by feaito »

Fossy wrote:It is in my Fay Wray collection.
I did not know that a Fay Wray Collection had been released. Thanks!
intothenitrate

Post by intothenitrate »

I looked on Amazon US and the Fay Wray Collection they had on there was comprised of two films, The Most Dangerous Game and The Vampire Bat, both of which I have in my collection already.

Your film sounds like a lot of fun, Fossy. I'm a big Fay Wray fan myself. Not only is she lovely to look at, but she brings a lot of strength to her roles (giant ape films excepted). Also, as far as actresses of the early thirties go, I think she has one of the best voices. Beautiful diction without affectation.
"Immorality may be fun, but it isn't fun enough to take the place of one hundred percent virtue and three square meals a day."
Goodnight Basington
Fossy

Post by Fossy »

I think there has been some misunderstanding here. My Fay Wray collection was not bought as a collection. I have twenty seven of her films, obtained individually, and this is what I refer to as my collection.
intothenitrate

Post by intothenitrate »

Got it.
[Too bad about my old man. He was great}
Do you have Ann Carver's Profession?
"Immorality may be fun, but it isn't fun enough to take the place of one hundred percent virtue and three square meals a day."
Goodnight Basington
Fossy

Post by Fossy »

Yes! I have Ann Carver`s Profession. And you are right about myoldman. I pigged out when he announced his retirement.