I got lucky today

mrsl

I got lucky today

Post by mrsl »

My grand daughter will forever call me her nutsy grandmother from now on. We were grocery shopping at Walmart and I said I wanted to go over and check the $5.00 bin for DVD's and maybe find a copy of Chisum. Well, we got to the electronics department and there were no bins!!! After circling a few shelves, I spotted a $5.00 sign at the top of one shelf. They had all kinds of updated movies there, like Penny Serenade, The Thin Man and many others, all newly digitized and in proper format. What shocked me was finding a whole section of John Wayne. Since I already have most of his that I truly like, I couldn't believe they had Chisum also. I'm waiting for tomorrow to enjoy it. But if you are waiting for a specific, well-known movie, you might take a ride to your nearest Walmart and see if it's there. There is also a Director's dialog on this DVD, so I may be incomunicado for hours. BTW my gal asked me why I was grinning so much, and I said I was so happy, because I have been trying to get a copy of Chisum for a year or more, and of course her comment was under her breath . . . . "weird".
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
jdb1

Re: I got lucky today

Post by jdb1 »

Anne, from my point of view, the lucky part is that you have a Wal-Mart in the first place!
ken123

Post by ken123 »

A Walmart is located about a mile from my home, but I will never shop there.Just me being obtuse. :oops:
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Enjoy enjoy enjoy! What a find... I hope you will be paying special attention to our Ben..... :D :D :D
ken123

Post by ken123 »

JackFavell wrote:Enjoy enjoy enjoy! What a find... I hope you will be paying special attention to our Ben..... :D :D :D
Who dat ? :lol: . t
ken123

Post by ken123 »

All the BJ talk @SSO I had to watch Wagon Master yesterday. 8)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

What? Ken you should go over to the Wagon Master thread and post about it!