Lonesome Dove and its Sequels

mrsl

Re: Lonesome Dove and its Sequels

Post by mrsl »

movieman:

I guess I was a little too harsh in saying "I didn't like it". . . I prefer more character driven material and although there were a lot of characters, there were so many, it took time to sort them all out. I do admit it was probably more truthful than many other western shows. I would like to amend my statement by saying "I was not crazy about it, and one viewing was sufficient for me, unlike the hundreds of times I've watched Fort Apache and others", it will not hold a special place in my collection cabinet as some do.

Knitwit:

Not at any time did I say I was sickened by Lonesome Dove. In fact I said exactly the opposite which is, I'm becoming so numbed by the last 30 years of violence in movies and on TV, that I worry about the children having the same nonchalance about death by violence that I've developed. " What really scared me is the fact that I barely flinch when I see blood spurting out when a finger or ear is shot off. If it no longer affects me when at one time I wanted to vomit . . . "The words in italics are exactly what I said and we've have these discussions before so I won't belabor the cause.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: Lonesome Dove and its Sequels

Post by Lzcutter »

There is a new book out on the making of this great mini-series:

http://www.thewittliffcollections.txsta ... ingof.html

and a wonderful online photo collection (and a book of the photos is available as well):

http://www.thewittliffcollections.txsta ... hibit.html

Enjoy!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese