Cheyenne

mrsl

Cheyenne

Post by mrsl »

Having spent the whole day watching the Cheyenne marathon, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to see many shows that I missed during the series run a few months ago on Encore. Many of the Cheyenne episodes had Bodie captured for one reason or another and forced to work at hard labor as a prison term, or unconsciously trading places with a prisoner whose friends had attacked and left him for dead or whatever. These episodes however, included only perhaps two or three of such shows. Most of today's shows dealt with the assistance Cheyenne gave different people in correcting a wrong done to them, or coming of age of young people. Altogether, a pleasant afternoon. Plus I also DVR'd a couple of movies on TCM which I watched later in the evening. Did anyone else watch any of the episodes today?

The next marathon coming up is for Gary Cooper, but he's not exactly a favorite of mine, so it depends on what they plan to show.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Cheyenne

Post by movieman1957 »

It appears that CHEYENNE is coming back to Encore Westerns channel. On what I found it will replace BONANZA in the evening slot.

It's too bad Netflix doesn't have more than the first season and it looks Enc is starting with episode 1 so it will take a bit to get to something new. Glad to see it back.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Adults may, or may not, surrender to the CHEYENNE fairy tale. A five year old boy? Let's ride!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

This entertaining western appears nightly on a bizarre channel called H & I. HEROES AND ICONS! Like THE RIFLEMAN, it's more appropriate for the very young. But even today, I have no complaints. A Warner Bros. product, probably involving some of the talent from the studio's movies, the show is clearly and efficiently shot. The writing is direct and unpretentious. Like Warner films, the pacing gallops along like a stagecoach!

Not as mature as GUNSMOKE, or as poetic as WAGON TRAIN, this Golden Age series sets out to tell a simple story of heroes and villains; of wandering the plains and the stops along the way. It more than delivers the package!

"My name is Bodie. Folks call me Cheyenne." If my name was Bodie, I'd want a nickname too!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

That's funny because I have a friend whose nickname is Bodie. And it's a lady.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

After an evening of election returns, a straight-forward cowboy show was a welcome relief!