LONGMIRE

tinker

Re: LONGMIRE

Post by tinker »

Just a hint. I do not ( Yes Lynn Henry has a far reaching influence) wish to upset anyone else but I am not adverse to spoilers if any one wants to post them. I will have to wait a long time wondering what is happening in season 3.

dee
[b]But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams[/b]. (William Butler Yeats )
[b]How did I get to Hollywood? By train.[/b] (John Ford)
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Dee,

I actually heard myself saying " I do not" at least four times this weekend!

Chris,

I am very good at channeling Lucien as well but the channeling Henry really caught me off guard!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Tinker:

Can you not get the Longmire episodes on your computer? If you check out the A&Etv site and choose Longmire, they offer full episodes on line. Of course I don't know where you're from so perhaps it's different, but I don't see why it should be.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

O.M.G.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Knitwit:

O.M.G.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: And to that I add HOLY CANNOLI :!: :!: :!:

But . . . was it Branch who shot the gun or was it the old man? I'm not sure I follow all the clues that have been discovered in the past few weeks, so I'm going to run the last 4 or 5 shows some time this week to see if I can fit it all together into some kind of orderly fashion.

I thought I was going to split my cheeks open with laughing when they asked Vic what happened and she answered: "Walt hit me". I just love the rapport between Walt and Henry. It reminds me of the friendship of my late husband and his best friend. Often, they didn't have to answer each others questions, they did it with just a look, or a gesture. In the 25 years since Mr. L has been gone, I've seen a lot of male bonded friendships, but none of them is quite like the one between Walt and Henry. With all hope Longmire will be returning in January or thereabouts and it looks like the story is going to be proving that A. Martinez is the culprit behind so many problems and troubles. Whatever it is about though, I just hope it is definitely coming back.
Anne

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

*******MAJOR SPOILER ALERT*****

I've been reading a lot of comments on the Facebook page, and several men have pointed out that Branch was shooting red shells, Barlow was shooting gold shells, and the one you see after the blast is red. Also, that Barlow never wanted his son to be sheriff, he wanted him in the family business. One poster said Barlow had been in love with Walt's wife, Martha, and had the man that murdered her killed( that makes more sense).

No one seemed to pick up on the fact that Walt was getting ready to go KILL Nighthorse when he heard the shotgun blast. I can't remember, what was the significance of the owl?? It figured in several episodes, didn't it?? What a cliffie!!!!! Is this the last show, or a set up for another season?

And what was with all those stoooooopid commercials? The show ran 70 minutes, someone clocked the actual story at 48!

Lynn, weigh in!!!!!
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Life has a way of interfering with my need to watch certain tv shows. I hate when that happens. :evil:

Anyways, I have every intention of watching the remaining eppys of Longmire on my DVR and returning to this thread to talk about it.

I'll be back!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Me too. We watched episode 9 but The Bride just couldn't stay awake for the finale.

Ep. 9 thoughts. Poor Ferg. I hope he gets to do something really great someday. Did Mr. Conley really think Branch would stay home? Pretty good stuff.

Whatever the fascination is with old cars is - I like it. An early 70's Olds AND a Plymouth Satellite (or something close) but playing Name That Car is a little bonus.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

knitwit:

In answer to your question about the owl, I watched the final episode again early today to see if there was any connection but nothing showed up. At first I thought maybe they were owl feathers that were left in the wounds, but remembered even before the show started that it was definitely crow feathers. At least we got to learn what was in that blasted box on the shelf.

The only thing I don't like about Longmire is there are such short seasons only adding up to 6 or 7 each, then a 6 - 8 month wait before the next one starts. If it's not renewed, someone at A & E is a dolt!!!.
Anne

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

There was an owl in some of the first episodes, I just can't remember what the significance was. Hmmmmm
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I always thought, with no proof, that the owl represented something in him. It always seemed too close and too in the open except for some kind of metaphor.
Chris

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Did Barlow just shoot Branch or did he shoot himself or did Branch shoot him? I tend to think he shot himself (or Branch shot him) because that would be two season finales in a row with Branch getting shot. But I'm not sure. Barlow had just said he could always make himself another son.

Man, that is one messed up family.

Walt is on his way to kill Nighthorse because he thinks Jacob is the one behind his wife's murder but Walt doesn't know about the Barlow connection.

If I remember what Lucien, Barlow's "crazy" brother and the sheriff before Walt, said last season, Barlow was in love with Martha, Walt's wife, when they were all younger and Martha chose Walt over Barlow.

So, Barlow was carrying a grudge and then went a bit off the deep end to screw up Walt's life and career so that Branch could be sheriff.

Man, I did not see that twist coming.

Is the owl supposed to represent the spirit of Martha?

Last year I wasn't keen on Walt and Vic getting together but they have done a good job of selling that idea to me this season.

And Ferg, I loved that he finally stood up for himself but he is still carrying a torch for Cady. I want only good things for Ferg.

A&E needs to get off the dime and renew this show NOW!!!!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Welcome to cliffhanger hell! I thought they had renewed it already. With an ending like that how could it not be renewed? (Though I'm sure we'll have to wait.)

Your thought on the owl is as good an idea as I've heart or thought. I was thinking maybe it represented something in Walt but your idea works.

My daughter is now going through the show so I am living yet again.

My guess is Barlow killed himself. It's a long time to wait.
Chris

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Chris, his last comment was, "I'm too old to make another fortune, but I can make another son." He kind of lunged up, and some one on FB pointed out that Barlow was shooting gold shells, while Branch was shooting red. The last thing you see is a red shell hitting the ground. I think Barlow had the Martha-murderer killed.

It's going to be a long time to wait.....and has anyone heard, has it been renewed??? Big sigh.......
markfp

Post by markfp »

[quote="t.....and has anyone heard, has it been renewed??? Big sigh.......[/quote]

I haven't heard, but it's pretty early for an announcement. The show has done pretty good for the network, so it's likely that it will be back. Besides, if they weren't planning on it returning, I doubt they would have ended it like that. Fans of the show would be storming the gates. Too bad they don't do like TNT does with shows like MAJOR CRIMES and throw in a few episodes around the end of the year to keep up audience interest.