Surprise sighting in an Old Western

mrsl

Surprise sighting in an Old Western

Post by mrsl »

Suddenly 3 or 4 other cable channels are showing westerns lately in addition to Encore Westerns. I caught a couple of Errol Flynns which I had noticed before but never watched, but with the lack of westerns appearing lately on TV, I've taken to DVR'ing a lot of films that normally I would pass over.

Today I watched Kit Carson (1940), a reasonably forgettable film bio starring Jon Hall, Lynn Bari, and :oops: :oops: Dana Andrews denying his talent. The fun part however, was at the end credits, I noticed the name Clayton Moore listed as Paul Terry, so I backed up to see him. Thank goodness he had speaking lines because his voice is what proved to me that it was him. This is the first time I've ever seen him sans the black Lone Ranger mask, and I never would have recognized him without his voice. It's goofy things like that that intrigue me. I do remember Jon Hall as the TV Ramar of the Jungle, and he used to appear at the Sports Show when it made it's way to Chicago. We had some relatives at the time who were stars in the world of fly fishing, so we got tickets to the event each year, and Hall was there in full Ramar regalia.

I still have a couple of others waiting to be viewed which I save for afternoons with no special movies showing. OMG I can't wait for producers and audience members to get over this reality fad or whatever it is considered.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Rita Hayworth

Re: Surprise sighting in an Old Western

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I did not know that Anne ... that Clayton Moore was in that movie ... I watch it too. And, thanks for pointing it out.
JackFavell

Re: Surprise sighting in an Old Western

Post by JackFavell »

I remember seeing Clayton Moore without his mask and lordy, what a waste for him to get famous with half that gorgeous mug hidden away!