Scott Eyman

Past chats with our guests.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

sandykaypax wrote:lol! Why, yes, it is!

I would have a bowl of Mama Mayer's famous chicken soup today if it wasn't so darn warm outside...80 degrees in Cleveland in October...go figure!

Sandy K

And are you watching tv in the correct, Ceddy Gibbons setting? On your white sofa with the white fur rug in at your feet, with white lampshades and a grand, sweeping white staircase behind you?

The weather is the same here in Manrattan, only maybe a few degrees warmer. I'm draining it to the dregs, though, because for me it's the warmer the better. Soon enough I'll be suffering in sweaters.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Please note: Our upcoming visit from Scott Eyman from Oct. 15th-20th has been posted on the TCM Message Board, (with TCM's permission), as of today, October 8th. I know that all members will be good Samaritans for any new visitors to our site and help anyone who wanders by. Thanks! :wink:
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

This is just a note to publicly thank Scott Eyman for his generosity with his time and knowledge. Here are two books that will be forthcoming from Mr. E. in the future:

A collaboration with "Robert Wagner on a memoir of his life and career, and an authorized Cecil B. DeMille biography, a big project that will be about the size of the L.B. Mayer book. The first book is for William Morrow and should be out in about a year, the second is for Simon & Schuster and should be out in 2010."

I know that many of us will be looking forward to these books even more now that we have had a chance to "meet" the author. Thanks as well to all those who participated here, and especially to Jon for his coordination of this event.

I wanted to comment on this so I pasted your post here, Moira---I have long been hoping that someone somehow would be able to get Mr. Wagner's recollections down one day because he has SO MUCH to share about the old studio days and marvelously gifted people, including Spencer Tracy and Barbara Stanwyck. How felicitous he's to have such a bright collaborator!

And I'll be mightily interested in the C.B. deMille book, especially since Gary Cooper did a few with the showman. :D
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

I haven't been able to check in for a few days, and I see that the other Scott Eyman thread is locked. I would like to thank Mr. Eyman for visiting the Oasis and jondaris for hosting hime! Also, thanks to all of my fellow members here for the wonderful questions and comments on that thread. I learned quite a bit, and loved reading the thread.

Sandy K
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

sandykaypax wrote:I haven't been able to check in for a few days, and I see that the other Scott Eyman thread is locked. I would like to thank Mr. Eyman for visiting the Oasis and jondaris for hosting hime! Also, thanks to all of my fellow members here for the wonderful questions and comments on that thread. I learned quite a bit, and loved reading the thread.

Sandy K
Note that I locked that thread to preserve the interview as it happened as sort of an archive. Further discussion of Mr. Eyman and his works is always welcome here.