Q & A for Dana Andrews' Biographer, Carl Rollyson

Past chats with our guests.
Carl_Rollyson

Re: Q & A for Dana Andrews' Biographer

Post by Carl_Rollyson »

Mary-Kate wrote:I'll chime in here as well: Mr. Rollyson, thank you so much for stopping by, and for taking the time to give an informative and courteous response to every question asked.

And here's a video someone on youtube created in homage to The Best Years of Our Lives. I think it's very well done, and would like to share it here ...

[youtube][/youtube]

...No detriment to Frederic March, but Dana Andrews was robbed in 1946.
THIS HAS BEEN A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY FOR ME, AND I'M GRATEFUL TO ALL OF YOU FOR ASKING SUCH GOOD QUESTIONS.
[b][url]http://www.carlrollyson.com/[/url][/b]
[url=http://www.carlrollyson.com/_i__hollywood_enigma__dana_andrews__i__115928.htm][b]Author of Hollywood Enigma: Dana Andrews (Univ. Press of Mississippi)[/b][/url]
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Let me also add my thanks to Mr. Rollyson for visiting us. I read through this thread late last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. AND I learned quite a bit about Dana Andrews! Great questions, everyone.

Sandy K
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I'm so sorry for not being able to get online yesterday but I have so enjoyed your thread Carl, your book is on the top of my Christmas list, I love Dana the actor and now I feel like I know the man and what a nice man. Thank you so much for your time.

One question that has come to me whilst reading this thread and I'll write it here for everyone to pitch in because I know your time with us has past. I was simply wondering if Dana realised he was a handsome guy as well as a talented actor? I feel from what you've written that he was a modest guy who probably wouldn't have given it a thought, for me he had looks to rival the biggest screen idols and like you said about him and Bill Holden, it was a case of timing in Hollywood.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin