WELCOME TO THE SILVER SCREEN OASIS, ALEXA FOREMAN!

Past chats with our guests.
feaito

Re: WELCOME TO THE SILVER SCREEN OASIS, ALEXA FOREMAN!

Post by feaito »

Thanks for your quick response Aleza and for all the other news and insight you have provided to us. I am having a ball reading your posts.
Mrs. Osborne

Post by Mrs. Osborne »

Great question Countess,

and if I may, I am a Georgia native as she is, and I was delighted to meet her one day when she was with her mother in Atlanta. Her mother lived at the same extended care center that my grandmother did. Joanne walked her mother out of the front door past us and then stopped and spoke to me and my family and my grandmother. She is beautiful in person. I think we tend to see her as dowdy since she plays so many of those kind of roles, but she was beautiful with crystal clear blue eyes....like her husband.

We have approached her several times and in fact she has been on our air for different independent projects...maybe Brando and also Women in Movies???? I remember she speaking about Bette Davis. Anyway, when Paul Newman died, she just did not do anything and we could not entice her. I do not know anything new, but wouldn't she be wonderful for any or all of the projects that you mentioned?

thanks for asking, Countess...
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Joanne Woodward would be a fabulous guest for Private Screenings. And Countess, that was a delightful question. Thank you so much for remembering her! :-)
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Mrs. Osborne

Post by Mrs. Osborne »

Dear Silver Screen Oasis participants,

Start thinking of anything else you are curious about since I am on east coast time and will need to say goodnight in about an hour.

I can tell you that Robert Blake was one of the nicest interviews that I ever had. He LOVED Ted Turner and told me to ask him anything at all. This was before he met that woman....

Thank you for your interest and questions. I am flattered to be asked to participate.
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Well, I do have a request, which is odd coming from me since I don't watch television, but most of Agnes Moorehead's fans do. Many of her films are shown on TCM, when there are spotlights on the star players such as Bogart, Cotten, Welles, Davis, Wyman, Hayward, etc. But as far as I know there has never been a spotlight on AM herself, and I think her film career deserves it. Please consider some sort of tribute to her work. I have researched her extensively and would be glad to provide any assistance possible. Thank you.

Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Excellent suggestion, Professional Tourist!

I also would like to make an announcement! Alexa Foreman has kindly consented to having her own thread here that we will call "Ask Alexa" on the TCM Forums, and when she can take time away from her busy schedule, she will answer our questions.

I want to send a big, HUGE THANK YOU to Alexa Foreman for her generosity and her time.

Thank you so much! :lol:
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Mrs. Osborne

Post by Mrs. Osborne »

PT

Agnes M would be a wonderful spotlight star. I would love to see a What a Character piece on her, or maybe as one of the Summer Under the Stars actors?
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Sue Sue Applegate wrote:Excellent suggestion, Professional Tourist!

I also would like to make an announcement! Alexa Foreman has kindly consented to having her own thread here that we will call "Ask Alexa" on the TCM Forums, and when she can take time away from her busy schedule, she will answer our questions.

I want to send a big, HUGE THANK YOU to Alexa Foreman for her generosity and her time.

Thank you so much! :lol:

WOW!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Countessdelave

Post by Countessdelave »

Alexa,

If Knitwit45 doesn't have a beer in the fridge, where would you go for a cold one in Atlanta?

But seriously: being a Georgia native must mean that you have some favorite films, set in your own home state. Other than G.W.T.W. is there a favorite?

Thanks for being here this weekend and I hope that TCM appreciates you as much as we do.

Thanks and Good night.
OrcoDev

Post by OrcoDev »

Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by and I look forward to following up with you :)

- Kevin Greenberg
[email protected]
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Marco found Charlotte Hunter information at IMdB, and sad to say, she ISN'T our Lady In Blue. Ms. Hunters credits do not include MMISt.Louis, The Pirate, Easter Parade, or Good News. Phooey.
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Mrs. Osborne

Post by Mrs. Osborne »

Countess-

I am sure that knitwit 45 could whip something up for me.

GONE WITH THE WIND did have a wonderful Southern accent advisor on the set - Georgian Susan Myrick who made the cast repeat "I can't afford a four door Ford." so that they could get it right. (ah caint affoahd a foah dooh foahd)

Nothing is worse to a Southerner than a movie with bad accents. I LOVE Joanne in Three Faces of Eve. I really cannot think of a better Ga movie. Most of the accents are just BAD.

It is great to hear from you. Thanks.
Mrs. Osborne

Post by Mrs. Osborne »

orcoDev-

thanks for your generous offer and I will follow up once I get a minute. I imagine Tuesday would be good.

and knitwit45, never fear, I have my Judy expert on it.

Thanks all.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Thank you, again, Alexa. We have enjoyed your visit immensely, and look forward to your new column, "Ask Alexa!" :lol:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Mrs. Osborne wrote:Countess-

I am sure that knitwit 45 could whip something up for me..
Mrs.O, you are welcome at my table ANY time. Dos Equis with a wedge of lime???