Choose the Essential

mrsl

Choose the Essential

Post by mrsl »

Tonight TCM had a showing of The Guns of Navarone (which they have shown before), and I Aim At the Stars, a first timer I'm pretty sure. If I were in on the choosing, I would have put IAATS in the Essentials slot. Of course I think most of us know who Werner Von Braun was, but have never seen much of a bio on him. This could have been done a whole lot better. First off, whoever edited it didn't seem to know a whole lot about the art of doing so. He/she left gaps between scenes that could have been filled in with scenery, especially after the bombings. I'm quite sure his life was a lot fuller than depicted in this, and his ongoing cold war with that one reporter got a little tiresome after a while. Does anyone know if there really was a reporter like him, and who was he? I never got his name. It's really odd when you see a movie like this that leaves you feeling like you missed a lot of info on the cutting room floor. I kept wanting to hear and see more and more. It was like watching a copy of The Right Stuff with the sound turned off.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************