American Movie (1999)

Chit-chat, current events
Mr. Arkadin

American Movie (1999)

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Has anybody else seen this documentary about Mark Borchardt trying to make his low budget horror film Coven? If not, you are missing a hilarious trainwreck with offbeat characters in the truest sense of the word. Rather than try and explain this mess, I leave you with a few clips:

Original Trailer:
[youtube][/youtube]

Mark's best friend and sometime actor Mike Schank:

[youtube][/youtube]
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

This is a documentary after my own heart. Being born before video cameras, I never had the chance to make my own movies. My parents wouldn’t dare getting a ten-year old a super-8 camera because they knew I’d be shooting rolls and rolls of film (and needing it developed, which would add up fast). That didn’t stop me from writing scripts, though; my first being, Bloodsucking Twins, which would star my twin brother and me as a two-headed monster!; one head a vampire, the other, a vampire hunter (I was never sure which one I’d be).

The DVD contains both the documentary and Borchardt’s actual movie, Coven, which is as fun as the documentary (particularly since you know all of the “actors” after having seen the doc).

Great fun, indeed!