'Round the World Weather Report

Chit-chat, current events
RedRiver

Re: 'Round the World Weather Report

Post by RedRiver »

Can I have the olives? I love those things!
Fossy

Post by Fossy »

Total Eclipse of the Sun 6:15am 14 Nov 12 11hours to go

The forecast for tomorrow morning is for “cloud cover and showers”. Cruise ships are anchored offshore, beaches are already packed, 60000 people from around the world have arrived in Cairns to view the spectacle.
All that is needed is for a 2 minute break in the clouds. Here`s hoping.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Well Brooklyn looks pretty nice. I'll try to find some of my own pictures, my crazy hubby has taken the hard drive to work with all my piccies on them.

Good luck for the eclipse, I remember one here in 99 I think, of course the clouds were out in full force and we didn't see a thing.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I hope the cloud cover breaks for you Fossy!
Fossy

Post by Fossy »

Many people saw the eclipse. On Cairns northern beaches the clouds parted for a great view, from start to finish, but here at Mount Sheridan, (about 12 km south of Cairns) the clouds parted only when the eclipse was total. The cloud moved over before daylight was restored.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

[u][color=#4040BF]RedRiver[/color][/u] wrote:Can I have the olives? I love those things!

Sure. I'll share my olives. I'll even share my Raisinets. But...uhmmm...what am I gettin' outta this deal? What are YOU sharing? ( And don't say Sugar! )
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

How about some Kentucky style barbecue?
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHICAL CHANNEL
SUPERSTORM SANDY DOCUMENTARY

I watched this documentary late last night and was stunned of people capturing the destructive force of HURRICANE/SUPERSTORM/FRANKENSTORM SANDY ... and I was shaking my head of seeing, hearing, and the sheer aftermath of this storm of the century that literally felt by a little more than 1/3 of the UNITED STATES.

I even saw an a MAIN SUB-STATION in MANHATTAN blew up (captured on video) that in blinding white/blue of intense flash and soon it died down and stopped ... instantly 1,100,000 MANHATTAN RESIDENTS was without POWER. All this happen in 15 SECONDS.

I have never seen that in my lifetime on film. 911 calls ... was averaging 5 per seconds ... that failed and people began to Twitter for assistance ... one Twitter Agent was overwhelmed and broke down in tears. A miracle happen ... a baby born at a home without power, without medical assistance ... thanks goodness a neighbor to happen to be a nurse came to the rescue ... three days later the baby and its mother is doing well. I was stunned how they use common everyday items to perform this MIRACLE BIRTH.

Cars on top of one story building, sheets of 30 pounds of metal off of roofs in Marina flying around like birds, Tall Ships in Boston sunk ... this is heartbreaking for me.

I could go on and on about the sheer destructive force of SANDY ... but, it is one documentary that I will never forget as long I live.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

[u][color=#804080]RedRiver[/color][/u] wrote:How about some Kentucky style barbecue?
Kool! I accept. Send it on to me in Brooklyn. Home-made, I presume.

RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Oh, no. From Old Hickory. The place my family has patronized since my mother was a child!
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

A sunny but c-c-c-cold day by the boat basin in Battery Park and the Hudson River in Lower Manhattan. That's Jersey's skyline in the background. B-b-b-beautiful.

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Wow that's gorgeous!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I thought I heard it was going to be fairly warm in Kentucky today. I must have misunderstood!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I have been getting very balmy weather in Emerald City ... feels like 60's and in the past few days I have been wearing Summer Shorts!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

It's supposed to be in the high fifties for the next couple of days here in CT. too.